More about Marketplace fraud

ChinRey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

it's for me totally not to understand how MP is handled.

several ways of fraud and misleading items are sold. Empty boxes, items not as described, listing fraud, copybotters, and what does the owner do?....ehm not much....

A store in rl would get in serious problems with the authorities when practicing such standards.

Alwin Alcott wrote:

A store in rl would get in serious problems with the authorities when practicing such standards.

Oh yes, definitely.

One of Amethyst Jetaime's replies in the answer section is quite interesting btw:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

LL can and will redeliver the item if it was copy.  They will only redeliver a transfer only item if their records show it wasn't delivered though I believe.

What does that mean? A failed delivery means that LL gets the money and neither the buyer nor seller get anything. If LL chooses to redeliver, will they also forward the payment to the seller or do they just steal it?

• 1 month later...

I am at my wits end with all the fraud on MP!! Each and every MP store I come across selling mesh creators items I report to the creator. LL is going to lose many quality mesh creators due to this insanity if they don't step up to the plate and STOP THEM!

FinaleStore wrote:

I am at my wits end with all the fraud on MP!! Each and every MP store I come across selling mesh creators items I report to the creator. LL is going to lose many quality mesh creators due to this insanity if they don't step up to the plate and STOP THEM!

Hopefully you're making certain that those same merchants didn't simply buy templates from a mesh creator(in many cases, that's precisely what happens, even sometimes BOTH creators actually bought the mesh from someone else). 

So few people pay attention to this fact, and simply flag, without realizing that the "original" they think they saw, wans't really, it was from the same template...it may have been out for sale first, but that doesn't mean the creator of that item actually made the mesh itself. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.