I want to start selling shapes HELP

alexistine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello

I recently have found that I got a natural talent for creating shapes (always gets lots and lots of greetings for it) and Id like to try and sell them on marketplace but i have no idea on where and how to start, I just know how to create beautiful shapes. 

Here and some doubts I have but certainly Ill have dozens more. 

I have the shape, now what? yes i ignore everything else. I guess somehow I have to export the shape file or maybe box it, im not really sure. Is there a easy step by step guide or could someone take the time to help me?  

Id really appreciate it.

alexistine wrote:

Hello

I recently have found that I got a natural talent for creating shapes (always gets lots and lots of greetings for it) and Id like to try and sell them on marketplace but i have no idea on where and how to start, I just know how to create beautiful shapes. 

Here and some doubts I have but certainly Ill have dozens more. 

I have the shape, now what? yes i ignore everything else. I guess somehow I have to export the shape file or maybe box it, im not really sure. Is there a easy step by step guide or could someone take the time to help me?  

Id really appreciate it.

The better question is: Are people actually buying shapes now? Mesh bodies have taken over SL for the most part and you dont look like you have one. So the question is, how will your shape look on a mesh body? I would test a few demo mesh bodies with your shapes and see how they look.

To sell them on the MP you have to have created the shape fully, as in right click on your inventory and create shape, then mod it to your liking. You can not sell someone elses base shape that you have modified. all you have to do is create a store and then send your shape to the MP and create a listing for it.

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Selling-in-the-Marketplace/ta-p/700193

Because the skin and shape work together to create a look and the shape can look look different from skin to skin, you should provide a demo of your shape so people can try it with their skin, because most people won't buy them unless they can demo them.  You can do this by making a copy of it , make it no mod, and making the hands and feet really large so no one would want to use the demo for their shape. 

You should also include a style card with the shape saying what skin is used by the model in the picture of the shape (Shop name, skin name as well as tone)  so if someone wants that exact look they can achieve it.  Make sure the skin is still available for sale before you use it.  You may also want to put on this card where the hair and other body parts came from too.

I would use different skins on different shapes to appeal to the most people.  If you can't afford to buy quality skins to use for modeling, get friends that have really nice skins to model them for the picture.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.