Returning to SL after long absence

Lizabeth Jameson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2652 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I was on Second Life for a few years, and I had a few really great friends; however, none of those friends are active anymore, and I'd like to start SL again. The problem is: I'm not the greatest at finding and chatting with new people. I feel really foolish asking for help through this forum; but, I can't get the experience out of SL by roaming the sims Hans Solo. 

If anyone would like to chat, and possibly hangout, please don't hesitate to send me a message in game.

Thanks! I hope you all have a fantastic day.

I just found social chat places to hang out and soon met people , ie popular beach, popular club , really just depends on what you are into in sl ,You could try joining a role playing sim depending on what you are into.

Feel free to read profiles and send messages to the ones you like , start doing that and you should be engaged pretty quickly within sl and have lots of friends

Frieya

Hi Liz and welcome back! May I suggest the breakfast club! We meet once a week at 8AM SL time and we go to different places each week. It is a great way to meet people and to see new places. Check my feed @ https://my.secondlife.com/hippie.bowman around 7AM on Sunday morning to see where we will be that week! Hope to see you at breakfast!

Peace!

Welcome back, Lizabeth! I'm going to form a group that will have weekly events to meet new people and socialize. Since there are so many people with different time zones in SL, it may have to be twice weekly. We would be doing things like exploring, live events, dancing, playing games like Greedy, etc. Would you be interested? I'll also try to send you an IM inworld once SL is up and running (there are issues logging in right now). In case I forget to IM you, feel free to reach out to me inworld.

I was just about to start a new thread about this same topic. When I first started in SL, so many years ago, I was online just about daily for a couple of years. But, life changed and I found myself too busy to be online much. I've been back sporadically over the years, and although I know I can't devote a lot of time to SL, I miss some aspects of it and have tried going inworld, only to find it very lonely. The old places I used to hang out are gone and it doesn't seem like too many people are interested in talking to old avies. I've even tried an alt - who got far more attention, being new - but I am partial to Ellie. She's my SL embodiment. I'm not looking for sex, sex, sex - and it seems the most people are on the sex sims. I'm looking to meet cool people ot hang out and chat with. Maybe play some cheesy or greedy. Anyhoo... that group someone mentioned above sounds cool, but because of my schedule, not sure it's possible. I'm EST and likely would be on later in teh evenings. Looking for some ideas or places to check out at least. Cheers!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2652 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.