paysafecards

JessiSweeney

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I came upon a user knowledge page updated June 17, 2016 posted by Jeremy Linden explaining what can be used to purchase L$.

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/List-of-accepted-payment-methods-by-country/ta-p/2953878

https://www.paysafecard.com/en-us/

One method mentioned was paysafecards. I have never heard of this type of payment system and it appears to be coming under the Skrill banner.

My question is has anyone used this type of payment card and are there any positive/negative results?

I don't have a major CC and what I did have was a refillable debit that worked fine until I stopped utilizing the service (the card was issued by Citi Bank), If paysafecards can be accepted, this would be a major plus for those who lack a proper CC.

2 answers to this question

No, you can't use a playsafe card to pay your Linden Lab bills.  You can use it to pay Skrill, however, if you happen to be in one of those countries where Skill accepts it.  That's entirely between you and Skrill.  The only credit cards (not debit cards, not prepaid cards) that you may register for use with Linden Lab are

• Visa
  • American Express
  • MasterCard
  • Delta Online (non-U.S. Residents only)
  • JCB
  • Diners Club
  • Discover (U.S. Residents only)
  • Visa Electron (non-U.S. Residents only)

No where on the credit card section does it say you can use a paysafe card it only mentions them under Skrill, having looked up what Skrill is it's like Paypal but part of the paysafe group, If it's anywhere near as good as Paypal you should not have any problems adding payment info, buying L$ or paying for premium with it

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.