Can someone help me with a limit sell?

WeebQueen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3204 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi Weebqueen,

You are asking the LindeX to schedule your sale of L$ at the exchange rate of 1 L$ per US$. The historical exchange rate for Lindens is around 250 to one US$. Nobody is going to buy your Lindens at the limit price you've set. 

You can find current exchange rate data here...

https://secondlife.com/my/lindex/market.php

The best recent selling rate was L$257/US$1.00, so you'll want to offer that rate or a little higher to ensure your trade executes soon. Selling L$25,000 at that rate will net you US$97.27.

Good luck!

• Like 1

WeebQueen wrote:

I make the exchange rate 1 USD.

The exchange rate is how many Lindens you will give for each one US dollar.  If you set it a 1, that means for every dollor you get you will give 1 Linden.  

If you want to sell 25,000 L$ and want to get 100 dollars for it, set the exchange rate to 250.

Maddy and Rhonda have given you good answers. I'll add a practical comment. Before making a limit sell offer, look at the Market Data page. There is a table at the bottom that shows the outstanding sell orders...at each price point, it shows the total $L being offered.  Look at the picture below.  As a practical matter, you won't get a price much better than the top two or three rows.  When I make a limit sell, I generally set my price at the price shown in the top row...in this case, $L247 to $1USD.  This will usually be filled in three or four days.

I know the data says the best sell rate is $L257, but that's misleading.  I think it takes into account LL's fees.  What you want to do is make your offer to sell in the vincity of the best BUYING rate.

Lindex.jpg

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3204 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.