can i buy land if i am not a premium memeber

woowoo3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

HI my friend bought land and i ve put my club and home on it but now he has diecde to leave SL,

he said  he was selling the land to me ,but its saying i need to be a premium memeber but i am not ,

he has now gone of SL and i am left with not know how,or if i can  buy the land off him ,, 

also if he gone off and still is the owner the land ,what will happen  to the land if he not coming back to pay the tiers, anyone can help me with this mess would be appreciate xx

2 answers to this question

no as basic member you can not buy land.

if you decide to go premium and the land is for sale you can buy it, but you also get the monthly tierpayments.

But you can rent land from other residents at privat estates.

If your friend putted the land for sale, your stuff will be returned to your inventory by the next owner ór he can leave it there for a while till he has enough of it. If the stuff is groupowned, and on groupland, and transfer you will loose ownership on it when the land is sold with objects on it.

if your friend just left and doesn't pay anymore, the land will get claimed by LL again and your stuff returned.

It all depends on where the land is.  Basic members can own land in private estates.  (That's 18,236 of the 25,290 regions in SL -- about 3/4 of the world. )  I have owned a full region for a few years now and I have never been a Premium member.  If you want to own land on the Mainland continent, however, you must be a Premium member. 

So, it all depends on where your friend's club is.  If it's on the mainland, you are out of luck.  If you want to own the property, you will either need to become a Premium member or relocate to a private estate where you can buy new land. Or you can rent land somewhere for your club.  Basic members can rent anywhere in SL.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.