Object mirroring

Weasho

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I've previously and recently tried to find a mirroring script for second life that works.

So far the so claimed "mirroring" doesn't mirror, but simply turns the objects 180 degrees.

A mirrored object is way different from something just turned around.

Example Image

With unsymetrical mesh objects and or just simple boxes that you want mirrored against eachother, the oposite of x y and z combined is a tricky thing to calculate. At least for me, and seemebly for many others as I've not found a propper code to mirror objects as though they were flipped twin copies.

If anyone knows how ot make or have a script or the calculation for flipping an object as if seen in a mirror.

I know that mesh objects can not be flipped as such, only need it to work for boxes.

-- Thanks

Thanks. Only looking to mirror prims of all shapes and sizes. I know that none symetrical mesh objects can not be mirrored due to that they already have a defined shape.

Not in such a great need that I would lay that many lindens on a script.

Weasho wrote:

[ ... ]

Not in such a great need that I would lay that many lindens on a script.

It's a very reasonable price (about $5 USD) for an excellent scripted tool.  It's probably the best one available in SL, and it saves you a lot of headaches in trying to do the same work manually (or write your own script -- I tried once :smileyfrustrated: )  . 

Only mirroring 1 prim oposite of another. Not a link set.

- Place two boxes next to each other.
 - Rotate one of the boxes to prefered angle.
 - Copy the objects rotaion and paste it in the oposite object.
 - If both boxes are next to each other on the x axis, put a - infront of the y and z axis in the object rotation. And if on y axis, put the - infront of x and z, etc.

Done.

LOL
That is one way to go when the prim is NOT a cylinder, prism, sphere, torus, tube, ring or sculpty type
and it is has NO cut, twist, shear and tapering
NOT to mention different textured faces and different face atributs like different color, shine, alpha, bumps, glow and fullbright

:smileysurprised::):smileyvery-happy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.