Amount of Time Spent Inworld

0hi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

is there a handy dandy device that I could set up on my land, or maybe even a HUD to wear that would count how many minutes/hours I'm inworld? Maybe it could be set up for just daily time or on going time spent until I reset it. it would be interesting to know how many precise hours I'm inworld daily or weekly. I tried searching the MP for something like that  I had no luck.

You can write a very simple script for use in a HUD.  Have it call llResetTime when the HUD is attached and then llGetTime when it is detached.  Keep track of what the lapsed time is each time you detach the HUD -- by adding it to a global float -- and then display it in hover text.  You can make the thing fancier, but you can write a basic script that does that much in less than 15 lines of code.  Just be sure that you always keep the HUD on screen, so that it "attaches" when you log in and "detaches" as you log off.

• Like 1

There are products for sale in the marketplace that will tell you when your friends (or enemies) log in and out of SL. I assume you can point them at yourself. I wrote one once and had it keep statistics like how many hours spent in-world per month. My GF felt that "that thing" was a violation of her privacy, so I named the prim STALKER. I never put this up for sale because I found out there were several of them already in the marketplace under names like "Friend Finder".

• Like 1

Drop this script into a prim. From the moment you rez it, it will keep track of the total number of minutes you've been online. Touch the prim to get the current elapsed time, reset the script to clear the timer. I expect you want something fancier than this, but if you want to make something yourself, this is a first step...

key me;integer elapsedMinutes = 0;default {    state_entry() {        llSetTimerEvent(60); // seconds        me=llGetOwner();    }    touch_start(integer total_number) {        llOwnerSay((string)elapsedMinutes);    }        timer() {        if(llRequestAgentData(me, DATA_ONLINE)) {            elapsedMinutes++;        }    }}

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.