Why can't I teleport to destinations?

Gunther Vuckovic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2933 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

I'm not sure what you mean when you say, "I can view destinations from the main screen". I don't know what you are calling the "main screen", and I don't understand how you are "viewing" a destination without being there. 

Do you mean that you have old landmarks to places that you once visited, but they don't seem to take you to those places any more?  That happens all the time.  Merchants go out of business.  Landowners move to other regions or leave SL altogether. I have lost count of the number of times that I have moved my shops or homes in nine years, but I can think of dozens of regions where I have done work that no longer exist. I have hundreds (thousands?) of landmarks.  I would have to visit every one of them weekly to figure out which ones are still good.  If I had to guess, though, there's a better than even chance that any landmark more than two years old is dead.

• Like 1

What viewer are you using, Gunther?  Can you edit your post and add that, please?  Also, is it a beta version?  It worked for me using LL's 4.0.3 which is the standard release version.

[ETA]

Also, have you made sure your the destinations you are trying to reach match your maturity rating?

Oh, and once you go in world, you can use the search tool to look for destinations as well.  Is that working for you?

Ooo!  Rhonda's questions prompt me to ask .... Are you even IN Second Life?  Or are you in your web browser?  Is that your "main page"?  You can't go to a destination from your web browser unless you have installed a plugin that tells your browser how to find your SL viewer first.  That's a bit of a nuisance, so most people enter SL with the viewer and then go to a destination.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2933 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.