vendor not give item

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all , 2 days ago I bought a item from  a inworld store and I have not received anything from the vendors i had this message: Sorry, but the product is temporarily out of stock. Please contact the merchant (xxxxxxx xxxx) who will be able help you. and near the item wasn't any sign for know this.

I contacted the merchant, with notecard and send Also a ticket into the website of the merchant but after 48 hours the not had any reply, Now i ask what i can do ? i can send a report abuse ?

Has been for ages. The D one and the H one although the H one does dish out the goods but the web engine has broken so people have to put the animations into a different controller.

The D one is JUST a reseller with exceptionally bad service with a reputation that goes back years but being a reseller, the transaction is somewhat riskier.

Same shop where merely visiting gets you added to the spam list and when asked, he refuses to remove you but wants you to jump through his hoops of a ticket system to make the request. Ridiculous!

Pamela Galli wrote:

Ah, yes I had been conflating them. In any case they are notorious. Except of course LL seems not to be aware.

I really don't know the best thing to do about this. It's just crazy though. So many people are losing money & those items are not cheap.

Is it ARable for Fraud -> L$?

Just another example of Linden Lab protecting the guilty at the expense of the innocent. And people still wonder why the population of Second Life is dwindling. New people get discouraged fast and leave and the older residents either accept the behavior and pretend all is okay (think Kevin Bacon at the end of Animal House) or are like me and contemplating how long they can stomach it. As a premium member for now over 4 years, I am figuring to last the summer and when my membership comes due in September to cancel. Does anyone REALLY think with the inept customer service that Linden Lab provides that Sansar will be successful? When Second Life was launched there were no competitors. Sansar will not have that luxury.

It will be classed as resident to resident dispute and they will not get involved.

Had the purchase been on Marketplace, they would because LL is the delivery mechanism and besides the system shouldn't take payment if there's no stock.

I can't understand why an inworld system should take funds if there's no stock but then it's not my vending system. My vending system won't even take money for a duplicate purchase because you can self redeliver, it wouldn't be right to take money again.

Anyway, inworld purchases are 100% Caveat Emptor I'm afraid.

I am truly sorry Monique but Sassy's reply is 100% accurate. The gutless wonders of Linden Lab will not help you with this matter. You have learned a very expensive lesson when it comes to Linden Lab and Second Life. With the exception of four stores in world that I have used for my time in Second Life, I do ALL my shopping through the Marketplace. The best description that I can provide to Linden Lab (and to the non-English speaking people I hope the idea translates to your language) but the word is SLUMLORD.

Whirly Fizzle wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

Ah, yes I had been conflating them. In any case they are notorious. Except of course LL seems not to be aware.

I really don't know the best thing to do about this. It's just crazy though. So many people are losing money & those items are not cheap.

Is it ARable for Fraud -> L$?

Well if anyone else did it, it would be ignored, but surely all your good works at least give your voice more weight. Or would with any other company.

So we need have to wait the next victim? Linden Lab protects those who steal  moneys?

Leaving aside, I'd give the possibility for anyone to create shop and stealing moneys

There should be parameters to protect buyers inworld

I am a merchant who has a store inworld and in the marketplace, and I always try to protect those who buy from me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.