How do you stream online radio on your Person and people around hear?

walterwhiteSr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3866 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The other day, I was in a public sandbox, trying on stuff.  A girl comes in, and she has music going, as I get closer to her the music gets louder, move away lower sound.

I tried to Chat with her but she didn't speak english, and then left. 

I have seen re.act radio, but can't find out any details

react-radio.png

Shared media allows you to see a web page and hear its sound in world without owning the land you are on. 

Not all radio stations will work though.  If you need a media player to hear it on the web, it won't. 

If you wear it like a HUD on your screen only you will hear it.  You must rez it inworld if you want others to hear it. 

If you rez it in world, you should be aware that not everyone around you wants to listen to the music you want to listen to.  Many people may find it annoying or consider it griefing.  If you are on someone else's land they are within their rights to tell you to turn it off or even eject or ban you.  If you are in a public sandbox playing it you may get AR'd.  You do not have a right to play music anywhere but on your own land.  So you need to be judicious in where you play it and if others are around ask if they mind if you do.

The radio you have pictured was created by Dave Attenborough.  I could not find an in world store or marketplace store for him and his profile doesn't indicate he sells anything.  You could try contacting him to see if he still sells that radio and get more info about it.

I did find this radio on MP though that appears to do what you want.  I can't endorse it as I've never used it.

Well, I found an in-world store for that radio, but it's a real blast from the past. (If you visit, check out the prim count on the fluorescent lights.) If it's all as ancient as it appears, most likely that pre-dates shared media, and is simply an old-skool land radio, using parcel audio, for which there are now many free open-source scripts. And anyway parcel audio is certainly not being controlled by a random passerby in a public sandbox.

So, yeah, what you heard ("music going, as I get closer to her the music gets louder, move away lower sound") could be shared media, but it's also possible the music was just a "CD" -- little 10 second sound files strung together. Those, however, are pretty much universally pirated IP.

walterwhiteSr wrote:

The other day, I was in a public sandbox, trying on stuff.  A girl comes in, and she has music going, as I get closer to her the music gets louder, move away lower sound.

I tried to Chat with her but she didn't speak english, and then left. 

I have seen re.act radio, but can't find out any details

That sounds like media on a prim (MOAP).  A MOAP object attached to a nearby resident (not as a HUD) can heard even if not seen.  For example the prim could be hidden, transparent or too small to be seen.  There is an option in some viewers to allow 'Play media attached to other avatars.'  If you turn that off then you won't be bothered by attached media. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3866 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.