Hourglass question

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2986 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I decided to upgrade one of my older avatars and bought the new Slink Hourglass mesh body. I've been having lots of fun trying on demos from any shop that sells fitmesh for hourglass. My question: Should the fitmesh clothing actually fit to the body fairly closely so you don't need to make body parts invisible? I've tried a few 'hourglass' versions of clothes that seem to require that I make the entire leg and pelvis invisible or the entire chest invisible. Other clothes seem to fit perfectly without any invisibility. Is making body parts invisible still expected with fitmesh clothing?

In my experience with at least 2 mesh bodies, fitmesh clothes made for a specific body may or may not fit to cover everything, depends on several factors one being the style and anotherbeing the creator as to how they made it.  However, having said that you have two options here;  one is to adjust your shape so the poking out bits don't protrude through the mesh;  and the other is to use the alpha sections on your body hud.  There are times I have to use both to get something to work..  I also must caution you that using the alpha sections is always a good idea because when you stand still everything may look covered but when you move or dance, the mesh can crack and body will poke through. It takes a bit of work to get the hang of getting things to fit sometimes even if the item says it fits.  I also use my own shape so I have to probably make more adjustments than someone using the creator's body shape.  I save any bodies I have altered and give them a new name and put them in the folder with the outfit so it is always handy.

• Like 1

Thank you Alwin, Thank you Tazzie,

I think I'll have to use the alpha selections in the hud. Actually, I've tried quite a few demos and a good number of clothes fit the mesh body very well. However, there are a few that aren't quite there yet but I'm sure they will all get it ironed out eventually.

I did experience the issue where a clothing item looks perfect when standing still but as soon as you start dancing or something, bits of your body start popping through the clothing. I do a little dance while trying out clothes to make sure all the right body parts are hidden properly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2986 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.