Is there a way to link my furniture with my house?

Aodawn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2832 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have to move my house and put it back into my inventory often, but i dont want to have to replace my furniture over and over again. Is there a way to link my furniture with my house so when i put down my house from my inventory, the furniture is already in it where i want?

2 answers to this question

i would not reccomment to link your furniture, you can get strange behaviour of your animations and will get a real mess wen you unlink it, it will not unlink as house and furniture but unlink as all components where it was made from. A 6 part chait will end as 6 parts..not as one chair....

you can however select all items by using he build tool, and take it in your inventory as one part. after rezzing it will be seperate items again.

• Like 2

Alwin is quite right.  Even if you could link your furniture to the house, it would almost certainly be a bad idea. What you're after is the coalesce feature.  Read these two Knowledge Base articles very carefully :

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Building-tips/ta-p/700041

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-move-a-build/ta-p/919109

And then don't use any of it on anything important until you have spent some time practicing in a sandbox with spare prims and items that you won't miss if they get lost.  Using the coalesce feature takes some skill with the camera and the building tools in your viewer.  The more items you are trying to include, the easier it is to mess up, especially if some of the items are small or transparent.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2832 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.