again

Diamond Dyrssen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

let me try again to specify the problem since most knowitalls will go duh its eas just clicik this and that and poof your problem is solved...

IT is a scripted object related to RLV and its not copyable and its not responding to touch to gert the menue, IE seems like some one locked the person out of thier own RLV item and now would like to regain controll of it back, logicvly as a builder I wou say reset scripts in said object.  ITS not apppartent where the reset scripts is... now if you give me thre sylavble answers its only showing how stupid you realy are... please dont respond if your going to do that... I am talking about a object not a script I am writing or building with its ascript in a object that is associated with the RLV.

also how the blank to you comment on a board here after you make a origional post or I would not have started another thread... SL needs to stop reading like a instruction book form another plante and become simpler

4 answers to this question

OK, let's try this again..... :smileyhappy:   You asked specifically how to reset a script in an object.  There are two ways:

1. Open the BUILD menu at the top of your screen.  Select SCRIPTS and then RESET SCRIPTS.

2. Use your Build/Edit tool (CTRL + 3) to select the object.  Then Go to the CONTENTS page and locate the script.  OPEN the script and click on the RESET button.

Neither of those methods will work on a script that you do not own or have mod perms on.  If that's the case, you cannot reset the script at all unless the scripter has designed a way to do it --- for example, by clicking a dialog button, sending a chat command, or re-rezzing the object.

BTW, if you want help, you're more likely to get it if you don't insult the people you're asking.

Click on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and select EDIT to add information. Please do NOT start a new thread.

• Like 4

The simplest way to get out of ANY device is to detach it.

You say this one won't detach because it's using RLV -but that requires that you/the person affected is using a RLV viewer and has it activated.  Simply turn off RLV or, if that isn't possible in the viewer being used, log-in with a different viewer.

If you are still not getting the answers required, you may find we can help better if you write the quesiton in your own language.

• Like 1

In the latest viewers, Reset Scripts is off the "Build" menu;

reset scripts menu.png

However, if the item is locked onto someone with RLV, then that disables resetting scripts.   It also stops the person to whom it's locked from editing it.

Did the thing come with a notecard? That might give instructions about how to free yourself in an emergency; it's not usual (and I speak as an RLV scripter here) to include something that lets you escape (or, at least, get someone else to free you) without having to mess about with resetting scripts and the like.    And, at the opposite end of the scale, some objects are hooked into external databases that will immediately re-impose any restrictions even if you do reset the script, so please, if there is a notecard with the object, read the thing.

Anyway, if your friend still wants to reset the scripts, having read the notecard,  this your friend needs to do, I think.

He or she should turn off RLV in his or viewer, log out and then log back in.   Then RLV restrictions won't apply any more and your friend should be able to remove the object in the normal way.    I'd suggest that your friend simply removes and then reattaches the item, and sees if the menu comes back  that way, before trying to reset stuff, since resets can break things.

Once your friend has sorted that out, then simply turn RLV back on in the viewer and relog.  Then try attaching the object again and see what happens.    

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.