i bought something i thought were clothes and shoes but i cant find them to put on. i am new.

angelj626

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

That's cool.  It is a box.  And it has your stuff in it.  All you need to do is find a place to rez the box and open it. 

That is, locate a spot where you are allowed to drag the box from your inventory to the ground.  It could be your house, if you have one, or it could be a public sandbox.  (Type the word "sandbox" into your Search and get a list.)  When you have dragged the box to the ground, right click on it and select "Open" from the new menu, and then select "Copy to Inventory."  Everything in the box will end up in folders in your inventory, from where you can then wear the things.  Easy.  As a last move, don't forget to clean up after yourself.  Either delete the box or take it back into your inventory instead of leaving it on the ground.

Rolig told you how to open your box but as a side note when you buy items they can be delivered to you in a few ways. 

• In a box like this purchase; you will find boxes delivered to your "Objects" folder
  • But, sometimes merchants will deliver you an item in a folder instead of a box...you would find folders in your main inventory list instead of inside another folder like Objects
  • Single items, unpackaged...if it is an unpackaged prim item you will find it in objects like a box but, if it is something like a skin or eyes you will find these in "Body Parts" folder.  A unboxed pose might go into "Animations" folder

If you buy something and cannot find it...try looking on the "recent" tab of your inventory, before you log out...this will show anything new that came into your inventory since your last log in.  This will shorten the places you need to look

Welcome to SL!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.