Mesh-body invisible to others & unremovable No resync solution except relogging after so many years?

Phiona Mercy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

People tell me my mesh body (or other mesh object) is invisible for them. I go to try to remove it -- and it removes from "current outfit list", but is still visibly locked on my avatar and becomes unselectable and non-editable. You also cannot re-wear the object. This issue usually happens when I teleport to a new sim... even if the avatar is fully loaded on the previous sim.

This issue usually happens when I teleport to a new sim... even if the avatar is fully loaded on the previous sim.

If I relog? It fixes it -- but that's ... kinda silly given all the utilities inside Second Life. I use the Firestorm viewer, in the most up to date, non-beta version -- but this problem is consistent across all viewers, including the default Second Life viewer from which the others are derived.

The problem is that this is the ONLY WAY to resync my worn outfit with the SL servers, after all these years is -still- only to relog?

When can we expect some action on issues like this that -everyone- suffers? 'A reload avatar' that functions with mesh objects? I've been a Second Life user since 01/12/2006 (3963) ... and these kinds of issues (outfit desync, and not having the proper tools for a user to 'resync' them) have been consistent with the Second Life engine since the beginning whether it's re-bake issues, or whatever. Please. Please. Please. Give me something that makes it so I can choose to reload my own avatar. Even changing outfits or my avatar entirely doesn't fix this.. and Ctrl + Alt + R is ONLY a texture re-bake, and doesn't effect textures on mesh or mesh the objects "worn or not-worn" status.

Unloading, and Reloading the location of all objects on a sim, and reapplying the already downloaded textures in your cache to them and then reloading the shape of all mesh objects worn by everyone should -not- be the only solution to fixing an avatar glitch. (I.E. Logging all the way out on a full busy sim, and then logging back in.)

I am aware that the server has unequipped it from me. I am aware my internet missed the UDP call to remove it on my client -- but there needs to be a way to resync ... that doesn't involve logging out.

Can we have some kind of client-side resync with our 'Current Outfit' folder?

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

If you are using Firestorm, try the Firestorm Bento Alpha viewer.

This build contains an experimental fix for the attachments detaching or ghosting on region change problem.

Info from the Ansariel Hiller who added the fix:

I dumped an experimental fix for FIRE-12004 (attachments getting lost on TP/region crossing) into LGPL, which is based on Kitty's attempt to fix it viewer-side, but done a bit differently:

For some reason, during a TP/region crossing, the viewer might receive a "kill object" message from the region, which will then mess up the COF and maybe even the scripts in the attachment as well.
The idea now is: whenever the avatar is in the process of a TP/region crossing, ignore any messages of killing attached objects.
This works quite good for TPs. For region crossings it needs some working around insufficient information if a region crossing has been successful or failed and might eventually lead into a situation of stuck attachments in some situations.
Rebaking (CTRL+ALT+R) or changing outfits should unstick them.

Note that on Firestorm, doing a rebake with CTRL+ALT+R forces a resync of the Current Outfit Folder (COF).

Since this is an experimental fix, I added 2 settings which are both enabled by default:

• FSExperimentalLostAttachmentsFix enables the fix
  • FSExperimentalLostAttachmentsFixReport will report to nearby chat if a kill object message was received during TP or region crossing and also show for which object, so it allows checking if those attachments are still there and working

You can get the FS Bento download links by joining the Phoenix-Firestorm Preview Group (secondlife:///app/group/7ba4569c-9dd9-fed2-aaa7-36065d18a13c/about) inworld.  The download links are in the group notices.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.