Is it possible to be online with your avatar and an alt at same time?

mircealove

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

mircealove wrote:

I would like to have my alt and my main avatar in the same room at the same time.

Is this possible and are there any risks in doing so?

Thanks for the help!!

It's possible - you can either set your main viewer to allow you to run more than one session simultaneously, run two different viewers simultaneously (you can get very low-overhead text based viewers) or you can use two different computers.

Depending on your computer, it can place quite a load on it and your internet connection if you try running two full-graphical instances at once on the same machine and the performance in both sessions will suffer but otherwise there shouldn't be any problems.

• Like 2

My alt and I are often on line at the same time.  She helps me test things that I make, to be sure that I have the permissions set correctly.  She and I have also done a fantastic magic act (she was the lady in the box who gets sawn in half) and several dance exhibition numbers.  I can also count on her to take my side in a debate, although she's an even worse typist than I am, so she gets her words mixed up sometimes and can be a liability. 

If you want your alt to join you in world, and if your computer isn't going to start smoking with the extra load, just open your Preferences to the Advanced page and check Allow Multiple Viewers.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.