Avatar floating wherever i sit, how to fix that?

Aleksandarr90

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi guys, have one question for you, the thing is i was having default avatart for long time and i didnt have this problem then but recently I bought a new skin, shape and new outfit for my avatar and everything is cool except one thing, wherever i sit on any kind of chair literally any, or lie down somewhere I have a small gap under, its like im floating above any of the places where i sit or lie down its visible gap, yes i can adjust them on places that have "adjust" option but on other i can't and the thing is i dont know the reason for that small but still noticeable gap between me and the object on which i sit or lie down. My "Hover Height" is set perfectly and the problem is not there and i even try to lower myself into the ground just how much the gap is and then try to sit down and then it was good but resolts would be me walking under the ground and that is even worse and i even try to remove my outfit being complete naked just to try to see is it maybe the problem in my outfit but it was the same and i hear that it can be something with my AO and i detach it from myself just to try to see if the problem si there but it was still the same so i don't have clue why the gap is there and how to fix that i was thinking maybe you know the answer? P.S im kind a new on SL 

Picture of the problem

http://s11.postimg.org/us96dkz4z/image.jpg

7 answers to this question

Hi Aleksandarr,

Is your new shape considerably taller than your old one? If so, that may be the problem. The "Hover" control lifts the center of your avatar. It doesn't know how tall you are. So, if you lift your new taller avatar to keep your feet above the ground, you're also going to lift your derriere, and that will cause you to float higher above objects you sit on. I know of no way around this, other than to constantly fiddle with the hover control, or to reduce the height of your avatar's shape (particularly the legs).

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.