Uploading Animations

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I've run into a bit of a problem. This of course, is such a silly question to ask so pardon me.

I create a still static pose in QVanimator. However, when I upload the BVH file I run into a problem.

Either my avatar stays in the pose for only a few seconds or I 'loop' it and my avatar jerks every few seconds as it reloops.In the program, I checked at there are no values at zero which makes me think I'm doing something wrong when uploading.

So, what is the best way just to get a simple static pose that an avatar will stay in?

if your Av is jerking you might have an extra frame in your animation i ran in to this problem with the first pose i made in Daz some how i added an extra frame in to my pose. apparently the first frame is supposed to be zero'd then you create the pose on the next one i don't bother with that and leave everything as is zeroing the body first then creating the pose and i haven't had any problems when i upload.
it could also be you need to zero all the joints you haven't posed i have a vague memory that when i first figured out how to export save and import a pose in to SL from using the Animare HUD that the joints i hadn't zero'd moved around and did their own thing

Daz Studio is still free you might get on with it better than Qavimator it's a bit of a faf trying to get the SL avatar meshes imported but once you do save it as a scene for future use plus it's easy to use or for a few hundred L$ there's always the Animare HUD making a static pose is more time consuming but you'll never get jerking if you zero all unposed joints

Without actually seeing the bvh file, It is hard to know exactly why your animation is jumping. Depending how you made it and what kind of animation it is, it could be a number of things. There is also a 5+ year old looping bug that LL refuses to fix. You will only see this bug in certain circumstances, but it technically affects every single looping animation uploaded. https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SH-2550

The only way around this bug is to try to loop around the bug with an In%. If you get it right, then the animation will still jump when you first play it, but should not jump when looping.

If you still can't figure out why your animation is jumping, you can send me the bvh and I will know right away what the issue is. Don't worry, I don't have any reason to steal your animation, lol. I've made thousands of animation and helped many people.

• 2 weeks later...

The trick to stopping that wierd movement your avatar does in a static pose is to make sure each part of the body is animated. I do it by making sure everything either has a -1 or a 1 which is subtle enough to not effect what the pose looks like and it stops the wonky swerve the avatar does.

If a body part has a 0 in any field just jack it up to 1 or -1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.