how do I get teed of a griefer on my land

JulesArnauld

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3299 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

WE ARE NOT LINDEN LAB!!!

Seriously...why do so many think that?

So no, we can do nothing for you. The only thing you can do is file an AR and hope the griefer gets bored, which he will, when you show no reaction. Talking to him is a No-Go, as it will give fuel to his actions.

By the way, you are just violating the forum rules by posting not only the name of the person but the chatlog.

Hi Jules,

• If you have banning rights, just ban the griefer.
  • If you rent, contact your landlord
  • If you are running the Firestorm viewer, you can right click the offending avatar(s) and select "Derender + Blacklist". That will remove the avatar(s) from your view and block their chat.
  • File Abuse Reports, but don't expect immediate action, and don't expect a reply from LL. You will not get one.

And, as Syo notes, publishing private chat logs is a violation of the second life Community Standards.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Getting rid of a griefer is your own responsibility, or your landlord's.  The best solution is to set up adequate protection in the first place -- turn off rezzing rights and object entry in About Land >>> Options, and consider using a security orb if your landlord allows it (I don't, on my region).  Submit Abuse Reports if you have good reason to believe that a visitor has violated the TOS.  If not, then don't bother with an AR.  Just mute the person, ban/eject him, and ignore him from then on.  Do not yield to the temptation to retaliate with some sort of griefer tool of your own.  Griefers enjoy nothing quite so much as provoking you into violating the TOS so that they can submit an AR agianst you.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3299 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.