Can't log in

Tristan0Alexander

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3231 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yea I logged off and then tried to log back in about 10 mins later and it said that it couldn't log me in. So I tried my alt, I could log in with that. Tried my other again and it seems that I can't get in. I even tried on another computer. I'm not sure what happened and why?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

We can help you better if you tell us what what happens when you try to log in -- What error message you get, what is happening when it fails.  Meanwhile, here is an article about common login failures.

Login fails? Lots of logouts? Summary 

http://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com/2011/12/kit-login-fails-lots-of-logouts-summary.html

TKR

Welcome to Second Life Forums, Tristan

Bring up your log in screen again, but before you log in, change the login start location to Furball.  This is just an empty waterland sim. 

If the log in fails again, please tell us exactly what message comes up on your screen. Also please tell us if you are able to log in.

There is more information about login failures on the official Second Life Knowledge Base. Here is the link to that information ...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Login-failure/ta-p/700109

I too am having no luck with login today...

Full message I get (on two different computers) is:

"We're having trouble connecting. There may be problems with your internet connection, opr the second Life Servers.

You can either check your internet connection, and try again in a few minutes, click help to connect to our support site, or click teleport to attempt to teleport home"

1. My internet connection is just fine (ok I am on wireless and do have some minor problems from time to time, however this inability to login has now been going on for 7 hours! Never happened before!

2. Have tried login with another AV.. Same problem and message!

3. Checked Firewalls.. all ok..

4. According to SL.. Grids are all online and ok..

Help, anyone, if you can :)

Welcome to Second Life Forums, Hamilton.

Reset whatever it is you connect to the internet with (hub? modem?) and try logging in to a totally different location - change start login location on log in screen to Furball or Itress or Quarrel or Ponsonby. These are all empty waterland sims, and hopefully one of them won't be on the server(s) that might be causing you this particular issue. And please return to this thread, see what other suggestions come along for you.

I myself have been having issues logging in as well. I was actually logged in about an hour ago. I did as you said; I changed my start location to Furball, but this message came up (I use the latest version of Phoenix):

"Unable to connect to the grid.

Desipte our best efforts, something unexpected has gone wrong.

[Check secondlife.com/status blah blah blah] ."

Looking at Secondlife.com/Status, it appears that the inventory maintenance is what's causing the login issues. I hope this is resolved by time I get home!

Edit: I accidentally the sentence. Fixed.

Marigold Devin wrote:

Thanks, evolon - golden rule that I forgot there, to keep checking the grid status :matte-motes-grin:

Where indeed there is maintenance going on that is affecting logins currently.

I keep this bookmarked at the top of my bookmarks.  Anytime I start having trouble it is the first thing I check before getting myself in a tizzy.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

Thanks, evolon - golden rule that I forgot there, to keep checking the grid status :matte-motes-grin:

Where indeed there is maintenance going on that is affecting logins currently.

I keep this bookmarked at the top of my bookmarks.  Anytime I start having trouble it is the first thing I check before getting myself in a tizzy.

Aye, tis good to bookmark yer bookmarks. Nowt worse than a tizzy

• 1 year later...

I am also locked out - haven't been able to login for months. I've tried the Furball, 5 different viewers. pleanty of different destinations etc - Each time, the loading begins and stops when it gets to 'downloading clothing' - Am I wearing illegal goods? Is my 'sexy walk' too risque? I'm a Gypsy - perhaps some evil individual cast a spell on me ! Whatever - no viewer will log me in the way I'm currently dress ... I am willing to strip to the bone (in a private area of course) Help !

• 1 year later...

I am having the exact same problem for 2 days now :(((

The Error message is:

"We're having trouble connecting. There may be problems with your internet connection, opr the second Life Servers.
You can either check your internet connection, and try again in a few minutes, click help to connect to our support site, or click teleport to attempt to teleport home"

my internet is doing fine! this has never happened before.... do I ever be able to get to my sl again??? sooo frustrated by the issue,,,, shall I contact my internet provider?... is it possible that my roommate had done something to block me from logging into my viewer ...? 

please help...

I have checked everything No Luck

Thanks in advance...:heart:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3231 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.