I don't seem to find any land agentacy

Ethen Pow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am a Estate Owner, I restarted being a Estate Owner again a few months ago, in total I have 5 years experiance...

I have made classified ads, messaged all my friends on list and checked my prices vs other sim owners to keep them lower or within range. I can't seem to find a rental agentacy that would help me or any other sim owner I know that can help small scale land rental since people get pulled into Corporate scale land rental having 100 sims...

Just getting renters to my sim of drakeal prime seem to be a chore and no real agentacy for land can be found... anyone know of any?

Have you thought about partnering with a popular club or renting adspace at a popular place. Or talk to the owner and see about prmoting your rentals to their group.

Also here in the forums there is a lot of advertising in the land section. Not sure how that is working for anyone. there is a lot of rentals and a lot of land in sl. you have to go directly to the people. Search is massive. there is too much to filter out and it suxs when it comes to relevance

Personally I don't really trust in club advertising and such. Just try to find people who might be interested in renting your land both inworld and on the forums. Post threads in the land rental section and keep an eye for people who are looking for a place to rent. You can also try to hire others to find you tenants based on commissions of their rental and so on. You might also want to hire a professional builder to make your sim better-looking.

There are a couple of simple things you can do for some extra visibility. First of all, your personal profile. Put your land in your Picks and make a Classified ad of it. You said you have a classified ad, but I coulnd't see it in your profile for some reason. I would also recommend mentioning your land rental business before anything else in your About-section. And put some info on it in your forum signature as well.

One last thing. Try to improve your grammar, since bad grammar makes you seem unreliable. Yours isn't bad, but could use some work. For example, the word is "agency", not "agentacy". :)

Hi Ethen -

There aren't any land agencies like that, that I know of.

How would you pay for their help if it was offered?

The SL land business, as you have noticed by now, is very competitive.

Someone who is good at keeping islands full probably has their own Estate already.

If anything you might try hiring a sales person or Estate Manager.

Also, keep an eye on my blog.  I post helpful tips from time to time.

Best of luck!

Lizard Howl

Segarra Estates Owner

PS my blog is here: http://www.virtualbreadwinner.com/blog

Thank you all for your input.

First thing Clubs, I had 3 diffirent clubs I had on my sim that I help supported them as long they can keep active and tried to DJ for them as well but they died form inactivty because the club owner stopped getting on SL, computer fail casade or the builder and me had major issues with the design and I got friends to see the club and they wanted to leave the sim :(

I am always looking for stable club that wants land.

Second thing about how much I would pay, that Depends how much room I have with profit form rental, since I don't get much or none at all as far as Lindens. I am open for a few hunderard Lindens or so per comission.

The thing about Competition, ya I noticed way before I got the sim because I had a influx of renters at start, most of them just stopped renting because they have no more money to pay for the land they want, they want their own homestend or computer FAILURE! D:

I thnk the major problem is that there is way more land available to rent than there are renters looking to rent. 

With the RL economy so bad, a lot of people are unemployed or are doing good to hold on to their job and pay their bills and just don't have the money to rent like they used to. 

The second reason is the Linden Homes.  It was intended to give new people a taste of homeownership so they would want a bigger place and move on.  But that's not how its worked out.  A lot of people are content to just have a small place where they can rez into and change clothes and they don't hang out in their home so have no intention of leaving.  They keep building more and more of them too.  Personally, I think they should put a time limit on the free house deal and limit availability.  Either you can only have one for a certain period of time, and then no more and would have to move out to mainland with the first 512 sqm free or rent in a private estate, or you have to vacate and find another free house available with new people given first dibs on them.  It would be  big boost to the economy if they did that but don't hold your breath.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.