How can i upload a full length song?

Jaheem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1942 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I wanted to know how i can upload a full length song into sl to attach it to an item i wanted to make. I know that to upload a sound it has to be 10 sec. long, but would i have to chop my song into 10 sec. intervals to get the whole thing in? Then how would i get the whole entire thing to play afterwards? Someone please help me with this I know it has to be possible...

6 answers to this question

If you want to do that, you will need to write a script to manage all of the individual parts and play them in order.  It's not easy to do, because unless each of the sound files is exactly the same length as the others, there will be awkward gaps.  You may be able to find a generic freebie script somewhere, but that will need to be customized to handle the specific number of sound files and their specific lengths.  Unfortunately, sim lag will also cause your sounds to stall occasionally, so unless you are on a quiet sim, you should expect a certain amount of choppiness.  See this very recent thread for a better solution >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/Music/qaq-p/1455769

18 hours ago, lulzsecOxide said:

I want to make a walker but my song just under 4 min im willing to pay someone for script I have walker script oready

Post your request in the InWorld Employment forum to attract a hungry scripter.  This is a fairly simple job, but you should still expect to pay a few thousand L$ for a good custom script.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1942 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.