Mesh clothing without alpha layers?

Rhys Goode

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I ran into a shop using mesh "standard sizing". The clothes come in different sizes, and there is a chart that shows what are claimed to be the only shape settings that matter for making an avatar shape fit the clothes.  For example, the size "XS":
-XS
Body Fat: 5
Torso Muscle: 31
Breast Size: 48
Love Handles: 25
Belly Size: 2
Leg Muscle: 45
Butt Size: 34
Saddle Bags: 30

Sadly, when I edit my shape to the specified numbers, my avatar still pokes out of the dress, especially when I dance.  I've only tried one shop that claims to use this system.

Is this "standard size" a viable approach?  Did I just run into a case of poor execution?  Or does even the best fitting mesh dress need to have an alpha layer to keep the avatar in while dancing?

I'm still tinkering and playing with getting a good mesh dress and suit... but what I've seen, unless the mesh has a lot of extra room around the body, there will be times that the body will poke out when we don't want it to, especially dancing and movement.

It doesn't matter whether it's a 'standard size' or not.  Any avatar with a tightly fitted rigged mesh will still stick out now and then.

My guess it that the dress is not so well weighted as it could be.

I made one rigged miniskirt to fit my exact shape.  No need to wear alpha under it. What ever I do the body does not poke through.  Well, miniskirt is failry easy to rig properly. Dress surely is more difficult one.

If you want to wear mesh clothes, you have to turn off 'avatar physics', the stuff that gives you jiggly boobs and butt. Mesh doesn't know you're jiggling around.

The 'standard sizing' is a flawed method anyway - well-intentioned, but only a stopgap for mitigating the half-implemented way that LL released mesh. It helps, to some degree, but many people find that none of the 'standard' sizes come close to fitting their idea of how their avatar should be shaped.

Ceera Murakami wrote:

If you want to wear mesh clothes, you have to turn off 'avatar physics', the stuff that gives you jiggly boobs and butt. Mesh doesn't know you're jiggling around.

The 'standard sizing' is a flawed method anyway - well-intentioned, but only a stopgap for mitigating the half-implemented way that LL released mesh. It helps, to some degree, but many people find that none of the 'standard' sizes come close to fitting their idea of how their avatar should be shaped.

Qarls deformer takes account of avatar physics

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.