How do I save my created clothes to a folder without all the attachments?

Marlena Draconia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I guess you talk about saving it as an outfit?
When you save an outfit everything you wear will be saved in that outfit,
so what you don't want saved you just remove before saving.
In your case you must detach hair and hud...
Never mind you can re-attach them after you saved your outfit
Things like shape, skin, hair-base and eyes can not be removed, only replaced,
so any outfit has some of that.

See the knowledge base for more

Ry0ta Exonar wrote:

Create a new folder and name it what you want to call it, open another inventory window, and drag the top, pants and the prim skirt to the newly created folder. Done!

This, or just make your folder and name it, then right click the shirt you want to save, copy as link, and paste the link into the folder. Repeat for each thing you want in your outfit.

UncommonTruth wrote:

This, or just make your folder and name it, then right click the shirt you want to save,
copy as link,
and paste the link into the folder. Repeat for each thing you want in your outfit.

You lost me there, I see no 'copy as link'

I am on V3 which viewer do you have?

Dora Gustafson wrote:

UncommonTruth wrote:

This, or just make your folder and name it, then right click the shirt you want to save,
copy as link,
and paste the link into the folder. Repeat for each thing you want in your outfit.

I believe you just hit "copy" then when you go to paste it, you hit "paste as link"... but I could be mistaken.  Just try it.

...Dres

As I  mentioned in my orignal post, its when I create an outfit.  I make clothing and sell it in game, so when I box the items I only want to sell what I made, and I don't want to include everything else (shoes, hair, face light etc).  When I use to use the phoenix viewer, I just use to click the "make outfit" in the appearance mode, click my items and it would create the folder.  I figured it could be done in Viewer 3 but so far I haven't found the solution. 

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Dora Gustafson wrote:

UncommonTruth wrote:

copy as link,

I believe you just hit "copy" then when you go to paste it, you hit "paste as link"... but I could be mistaken.  Just try it.

...Dres

I have neither 'copy as link' nor 'paste as link'

If somebody has will that somebody please tell me where to find them.

Marlena Draconia wrote:

As I  mentioned in my orignal post, its when I create an outfit.  I make clothing and sell it in game, so when I box the items I only want to sell what I made, and I don't want to include everything else (shoes, hair, face light etc).  When I use to use the phoenix viewer, I just use to click the "make outfit" in the appearance mode, click my items and it would create the folder.  I figured it could be done in Viewer 3 but so far I haven't found the solution. 

Oh to sell it.. well links wouldn't really work anyways would they lol.

I really really really miss the ability to just create a folder, pick and choose from what I am wearing and put a copy of it into the folder, like we used to be able to do pre V2. Not a link, a copy. That function was one of the main reasons I took my time giving up v1, and I still miss it. It was very very helpful when boxing things for sale, there is no longer an easy way to do it. :matte-motes-crying:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.