Skin, Shape, Clothing Missing

Valerie Volare

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I logged into the new version of phoenix and my avatar appeared as a red cloud.  I clicked Ctrl/Alt/R to rebake textures; my avatar appeared but it's shape and skin is missing, also parts of clothing are missing as well.  All i can see is hair, jewelry, skirt, and shoes.  Click on wear for the skin and got error message:  [19:16]  Can't change appearance until clothing and shape are loaded.  I unstalled, reinstalled phoenix, then cleared cache and still the same problem.  What do i do?

2 answers to this question

I think using the test avatars is a last resort and may create uncessary work.

First off, check your connection: Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection. If it is hichupping, everything sucks.

Once you know your good make sure you are on a good SL server. The link above will tell you how to know. Ideally you will use a deserted and empty region. Pooley and Furball are good candidates.

Log into one of those regions and see if your inventory will load. If not, ask in FS/PH Support how to turn off HTTP Get Texture. Niranv of Nirans Viewer says HTTP sucks. But, it is the protocol for the new inventory API. If it will work that is what you want to use. If it fails for you, turn it off and try the UDP protocol, which is what the viewer uses when HTTP is off.

If that doesn't help, restart the computer and your internet modem and router if you have one. Try again.

If your inventory is not loading that is the problem with the avatar not rezzing. Check the Second Life Grid Status Reports. With the change over to Direct Delivery there is lots of maintenance happening. If they are working on the inventory DB your going to have problems. You have to wait until they have the DB back on line. You may want to check and see if they were working on it when you had problems.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.