If you need to update a product you've uploaded to Direct Delivery...

Darrius Gothly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dartagan Shepherd wrote:

Right, on the same page there, that's why I suggested a good old manual.

One singular entity to maintain for them, portable enough to be used anywhere.

Anywhere you see that little world Help or ? ... you go to the manual, whether it's in-world, on the marketplace, etc.

People develop muscle memory on table of contents once they get familiar ( ... let's see marketplace is about halfway down).

People memorize locations of manuals they're familiar with and navigate there easily.

Is it easier to say rtfm or rtf(forum/wiki/chat group/Twitter/knowledge base/Jira)?

Thousands of hours saved.

No icky URLs to go look up. I know where to tell you to go to help you (and so would LL and support more easily) Go to to the manual under Marketplace/Magic Boxes/Migration.

You might even find some great user contributed notes in the manual. Download version doesn't have comments.

I mentioned PDF though, that was silly. HTML format for portable goodness.

Yes, exactly. One entity.  With key words and phrases and whatnot so that one can quickly navigate to the particular area they need to find their answer. 

Dakota Linden wrote:

Hello Sera,

It is more visible.

Hey Dakota, so... um.. those links are gone now, surprise, surprise... where are people supposed to go now for a central location that's easy to find about converting to DD?  Sure would be nice if there was a sticky or something... and perhaps a permanent link to something, anything, on the Merchant Home Page that the commerce team wouldn't take away for awhile, since the only link now is to the "updates thread" which doesn't contain any links to the original documentation/instructions.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.