I need to know how I can tell if an Alternative is posing as my friend?

Ok2BA Lohner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I need to be able to detect Alternative Avatars.  I want to limit their access to me.  I feel that one is posing as my friend, and was someone in the past that I had trouble with. I would sooner deactivate my account, than put up with this type of harassment.   If I can limit their access to my land,  that may be ok.  I could test by inviting my suspect to my home and confront them if they were unable to access.   I do not have time for this.. Anyone??? bigssw@gmail.com   TY, BIGDADDY

3 answers to this question

You can't tell, except by asking.  One account is like another, and the TOS guarantees us privacy with our RL information.  In fact, if someone discovered the person's RL identity somehow and divulged that information to you, s/he could be suspended or banned from SL.  That's precisely what happened to the creator of RedZone last year. 

You don't have to know a person's RL identity to limit his or her access to your land.  Why don't you just do that and get it over with? If you have documented evidence that the person has violated the TOS, you can file an Abuse Report as well.

BTW, you may want to remove your e-mail address from your question unless you really like getting spam e-mail from strangers.  This is a public forum.  :smileywink:

• Like 2

If you suspect someone of diddling your head, remove them from your friends list, and mute them.  This solves the problem...but there is NO way to know for sure.  You could be pruning an innocent friend from your SLife.  But that's the uncertainty we live with here.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.