Profile problem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay hey guys, I got a problem with my profile on the 2nd life tab. Okay this has NEVER happened to me before. I just logged on one day and my profile pic never showed up and i gave it like an hour to rezz after i logged in and it did nothing so when i changed it i saw it but everytime i logged on it never loaded. i had to keep changing it to get it to show up with the same picture. can someone please help me?. I cleared my cache and it still did the same thing. I don't know what else to do. Oh and sometimes some people can see a picture on my profile of me and some girl but on my screen it is a picture of Al Pacino. I don't know what is going on but I really need some help.

You may have some corrupt files connected to you viewer and just clearing cache in the client won't do the job.  What you need to do is what is called a clean reinstall.  Uninstall all viewers you have then using your file manager you'll need to manually delete all the other files that the uninstall doesn't.  If you have chat logs you want to keep just move them to another directory such as "my documents'. Where these files are located depends on your OS and client.  Post that information here for more information or look up clean reinstall in the wiki for the client you use for details.

Once you are sure you have cleaned up everything reinstall the client you use.  You'll have to reset your preferences since your preferences would have been deleted during the cleaning process.

• 5 weeks later...

I have a profile problem as well. For me the feed is not showing up anymore. Seems there is nothing that can be done about it, at least not someting I can do myself, live support cannot help, and the ticket persons cannot help either.

In the ticket support was suggested to me to uninstall all viewers from my computer, restart computer, download the youngest SL viewer, install that. I did so, but it did not help at all. Problem still is there.

I filed a jira (see: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4537)

Your problem might be related, can you please add it to the jira?

is it only from the viewer profile that you can't see these things?

if you can't see them from your web browser also..then it may just be needing  to clean your temp internet files...

that or some sort of  update like flash viewer or something..

just a suggestion to check there also..

Thanks for the comment, Irene.

I'm from the years that you could actually get support by contacting live chat. When the live chat person could not solve your problem himself, he brought you in contact with somebody in the lab that was able to solve it.

Since the time of M. Linden, the quality of the support has dramaticly reduced. Whenever I contact live chat since then, I never get an answer that I can not find myself in the wiki or elsewhere. In some cases you even have to educate the support person first before he actually understands your question. Each contact with live support leads in the end to: File a ticket.

Till some months ago the answers that came from ticket persons were more or less satisfying. But last few times I had to contact them, I did not get the support I needed. I one case I even got an answers that was not even true.To me it seems that now the quality of ticket support has been reduced well.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.