Alpha Layer

Penelope Heron

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dont know if this subjects goes here,if not ,sorry for that.

Today I took on a Mesh Skirt for the first time plus the Alpha Layer and WHOOPS...

the Alpha for my Shoes are gone....hmmmmm...are we on the way back to 

Invisi Prims now cause we can't wear 2 Alpha Layers on the same Bodypart??

THAT is my problem with my also. My question is, who is going to come up with an alpha layer to enable us to wear mesh outfit and our beloved N-Core heels and our mesh hair all at the same time. Yes I know N-Core has a built in invsiaprim, but thats going back not forward.

BTW, I have never been able to layer tat's either for some reason.

When I right click on clothing, alpha layers, tattoos, and objects I always get both add and wear on the menu unless I'm not already wearing one of its kind; then I get wear, but not add.  Try putting on one alpha or shirt or whatever and then see what menu you get with another one.

Ry0ta Exonar wrote:

You might be using a viewer which doesn't support multiple layers.

sSig_agreed.gif

Indeed, there are viewers which allow multiple prim attachments on same point, but which do not support multiple textures on a layer. Thus such a viewer does not have the "Add" feature for alphas, nor tattoos, for example.

• 3 weeks later...

Irishwildflower wrote:

Does that mean that they will view you that way as well? So when I am wearing 2 or more aplha's they only see one and feet will be sticking through the shoes?

Older viewer users will SEE you ok (i.e. all the multiple textures on clothing layers,multiple alphas, multiple tattoos, what ever you are wearing).  All the textures are baked as one on the avatar.  Everybody will see them.  So no problem there.

It is only that the older viewer users themselves cannot add multiple things on a layer on their avatar.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm seeking a solution to this as well as I do not want to give up using Phoenix...it's all I can remember using.  Any advice or someone who can make an alpha that would work for this or is it even possible?  I'm not a builder so have noooo idea how to go about it, I just buy what I want.  I played around with this and that and yeah...didn't get very far.  If anyone can help, I and I'm sure others, would appreciate it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.