The resident who provided the previous content, if any, has replaced it with this generic statement.

Qwalyphi Korpov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Marianne McCann wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

One of my neighbors in Bay City is building these things now. Granted his is textured. But both north of my and southeast of me in Bay City Morton - there are giant buildings going up. One just a big square, the other a skyscraper.

This seems to be popping up a lot in SL, and I'm starting to think its some kind of 'freudian compensating things' to rez a taller and taller building...
o.O

I'll have to pop by and have a look. I know there's a couple things that need some attending to...

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bay%20City%20-%20Morton/128/65/35

and

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bay%20City%20-%20Morton/48/222/25

Though actually the secodn of these is just being similar to a building right next to it I'd not seen until just now.

The worst part about all of this is that I'm the one who sold the land to this person...

Campion_001.jpg

Decided to move after Happy Day went up... and sold the rest of the hill... the buyer put up that...

I still have that little tan building on the top of the hill, next to the castle. The castle is the one who's put up all those walls...

There's a lot more, but the camera only goes to 512m in the official viewer, so this was all I could get in one shot, since that building itself is about 300-400m tall.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

The worst part about all of this is that I'm the one who sold the land to this person...

Familiar.  There's this snowman in Dennis.  I used to own those parcels.  I wonder if the current landlord would trade me even-up for a very good Nova Albion address.  Hmmm.  Probably not.

When I saw the OP's snowlands, I was reminded of another Mainland problem:  For no good reason, I picked up an abandoned 512 in Hanson, back when the previous infohub eyesore was still there.  Next door was an obvious extortion build by an inactive but still enabled account. So I did the best I could to cover up the mess with encroaching prims. Since then, the moles have created some quite nice content, replacing that infohub. Now the sim looks pretty good, for Mainland. Problem is, if I leave now, my encroaching prims will go *poof* and the old mess reappear.

Thanks xxx My neighbour is in pain too, as he is as close to it as I am or even closer. So he reported this as "blackmail". Quote from his Notice board in Sugarloaf :

“A giant full bright, advertising wall has appeared towering above the village green in Sugarloaf. The object is owned by a person named ping.sixpence who also appears to have set the land for sale at an unreasonable price (often done to force people to buy the land in order to remove the visual disruption). In addition to this it appears this person is encrouching one of the resident’s land with another object on the platform. The incident has been reported to Linden Labs.”

(Sixpence is an old landlord in SL, this is his alt account).

So it will be interesting to see how this ends....

I feel your pain.

omg......
o.O

----------------------------

Campion_001.jpg

Decided to move after Happy Day went up... and sold the rest of the hill... the buyer put up that...

I still have that little tan building on the top of the hill, next to the castle. The castle is the one who's put up all those walls...

There's a lot more, but the camera only goes to 512m in the official viewer, so this was all I could get in one shot, since that building itself is about 300-400m tall.

• 1 month later...

My problem in Campipn solved itself. The castle owner in that pic first bought me out (I was the little tan building to the right of the castle), then he managed to get the skyscraper fool to sell, and I think that castle person now owns most of the sim.

The birthday place is still there with that ugly platform last I checked, but that platform is 100m below the castle in that screenshot...

The strange white line coming out of the side of my building was a graphics glitch from having to zoom back this far to get it all on screen. My video card just couldn't take it anymore I guess... that white thing wasn't actually there when you tried to go to where it seemed to be.

The little tiny red-roofed building at bottom left... that's actually a scyscraper too, about 60m tall. Just to give you an idea of how insanly huge the other builds were.

The red roofed one though, was a very detailed intricate build that added to the flavor of the sim, and predates EVERYTHING else in the screenshot by a few years.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.