Marketplace Not Syncing With Magic Boxes?**** Answered ****

Mikey Fairlane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I have 997 items listed on the marketplace. They have been listed for a couple of years, and they are split up among 3 magic boxes. I also have the same 3 magic boxes set out in a different sim, so 2 copies of each box in different sims.

I have them named magic box 1, 2 and 3.

I added 10 items 2 days ago, and only 5 would show up in my inventory at the marketplace, so I reset both of my magic boxes number 1 (the box that the items are in that aren't showing up).

I waited 24hours and tried to sync my inventory at the marketplace, and I still only have 5 unassociated listings, and now I also have 387 items shoing up as "Unavailable"

I went to the magic boxes and checked the inventory, and all of the items are in the box. I have reset the boxes in world, I have synced at the marketplace and I have waited 24 hours.

Any ideas, I am stumped, lol

Thanks, Mikey

Check that your magic boxes are version 3.0.11. Update if necessary.

Follow the box status link from your merchant page to the old xstreet. Ignore the warning and insist on logging in anyway.

Check the boxes listed there at the bottom of the page (ignore mention of unlisted products, etc - the rest of the site is dead)

Most commonly you will find some ghost boxes there that have not been deleted. They mess things up. If you do, delete those. See if that helps.

If not, remove all the boxes from the list there then reset them inworld to register them again. Then synch etc.

That fixes things in the majority of cases but if not get a sim restart.

Tht's what i had to do.   well, i had to do that and more. 

Go to magicbox status fro merchant home.  x out of the window that tries to put you right back on marketplace.  scroll down. Your magic box servers will show on the bottom left.  click UPDATE.  then wait a few minutes and then resync on marketplace.  

I've tried everything to sync my amaretto bundle! (It works fine with my meeroo nests listing). NOTHING WORKS! WHY IS THIS? I've TRIED EVERYTHING! Unassociated Inventory: Items in the inventory of one or more of your Xstreet SL Magic Boxes which do not have corresponding items in the Marketplace. <------it shows there but not in my merchant home inventory. something isn't right.

The Magic Box Status function opens a separate page on the old XStreet.com website. If you haven't visited that page yet, do so now. You will have to press "Cancel" to get past the warning that it displays in order to view the actual page. The following image shows what that warning looks like:

magic box status - Cancel to get past warning box.png

(If you've never seen the above dialog then you haven't checked the Magic Box Status page yet. Marketplace will get confused if the Magic Boxes listed as Active Servers is different than what really exists; either a box listed is no longer in-world or a box that is in-world is not listed.

If there are any differences between what is shown on the Active Servers list and the Magic Boxes you actually have rezzed in-world then you really do need to read my blog post and follow the instructions there for how to get things back in synch.

If the only Active Servers listed are valid and rezzed then you'll have to try another trick. Sometimes the Marketplace gets all wonky on a particular item name. Change the name of the Amaretto Bundle object inside the Magic Box slightly making sure you don't include any punctuation or weird characters (less-than and greater-than signs for example). It's always best to use only letters, numbers, spaces and the underscore character.

Once you've gotten it to show up as Unassociated Inventory back in the main Marketplace site then you can change the associated inventory on the listing to point at the new name.

• 2 months later...

Thank you, IIyra. Trying this now. I was having major problems with items I *know* are in the boxes not showing after a resynch. I had even emtpied and deleted the boxes and replaced with new ones. No joy. On the server page the two old boxes were still showing. Working on updating all this now. Keeping everything crossed that will crossed. This is so frustrating! 

ETA: After following all the steps listed in your post and the one you were replying to, I'm still missing items that *are* in the magic box in-world but are still not showing up in the MP. Grrrrr. 

ETA: Went through the steps again. There are 70 items currently in the magic box. At the most, only 62 ever show up in unassociated inventory.  The weird part, or one of them, is that when I resynch and refresh, the unassociated inventory begins dropping in count. All the way down to 41 items and then after each needed refresh (it's still telling me to refresh to see changes) it slowly comes back up to 62 items. This is after 3 or 4 refreshes. I don't know what else to do at this point. I can't put these items in the direct delivery system. They're fairy eggs. 

Sigh. After counting the items in-world instead of on the server page I have 80 items. Beating my head on my desk at this point. 

I *think* I found the problem. I have a certain amount of items in the unassociated list that are direct delievery items. Not sure how many yet. Going to list them now and see what happens, if this makes a difference. Still...I'm not sure what this is causing to happen exactly. 

ETA: Several hours of trouble shooting and nothing works. I've sent a notecard to the sim owner requesting a restart so I'll wait and see what happens. 

Sigh, I so badly want to read your blog post but every time I try to go there I get this: This blog is currently shut down while we resolve some security issues. It will return online as soon as we are able to resolve this issue. Our apologies for any inconvenience this creates.

I've tried everything listed to do as far as I'm aware. Can't read the blog article so I'm not for sure. But even after what appeared to be a sim restart the unassociated items are still showing only 52. And there are 80 items in the Xstreet box. I have no idea what to do now.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.