What is the point?

greenlove92

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Im wondering why should i make a report on a owner for not receiving my item that i bought and contacted him many times to have him give me at least an answer for me not receiving it. Why should i not get any kind of information on if anything has happened, if they got in contact with the owner and if they received a response? It upsets me that i cant get any justice.

3 answers to this question

If it was a marketplace purchase you can submit a ticket with LL for a redelivery. Beyond that, it's a resident-to-resident dispute, which - as mentioned in the ToS and Community Guidelines - LL will not get involved with. So you can make a report if you want, but LL probably won't do anything about it.

There is an order to the process, it does take some time.

Residents can file an Inworld Abuse Report

Or

File a Ticket with Support (report).

The first is optional, and the second is something you usually "have" to do. :smileyhappy:  Edit: (to get technical help, account issues, etc. No drama)

There are many good reasons why the merchant is not responding.  Without stretching too much, let me list a few...

1. Merchant is out of town and has no Internet connection

2. Merchant's computer has died

3. Merchant is sick, maybe in the hospital

4. People have sent so many messages that the merchant's IMs and notecards are capped.

5. Merchant is annoyed by rude messages and has muted you.

In any case, there's no rule anywhere that says that anyone has to respond to your messages, so there's nothing to report. If you didn't receive an item that you ordered and you haven't been able to communicate with the merchant, file a support ticket. Select "Marketplace" from the pulldown menu and be sure to cut and paste all information about your purchase from your Transaction History in Marketplace.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.