How do you get linden dollars?

marcelinexmarshllee123

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

If you were truly "poor" I doubt that you would have a computer and internet access. However... if you simply can't or don't want to purchase L$s, you can either make something to sell or get a job.

ETA: There are also things like Linden Realms, which will earn you small amounts of L$s. And there are freebies all over the place.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to SL Forums. The reality is that you can't very easily to get L$ in SL except of your find a skilled job. Do you know to build? Do you know to script? Do you have any other special skills? If so, you have more possibilites to find a good job and get L$. Please check out this link. It is a guide about jobs in SL. Also here. you can find some articles about how you can make money in SL. In addition, informative threads below:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Everything-Else/How-to-gain-money/qaq-p/1290233

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Linden-Dollars-L/Where-do-I-Earn-Lindens/qaq-p/1335573

Good luck.

As LoveAngel said, it can be very difficult to make money in SL. Your best bet is to become a skilled creator and sell what you make, but this takes time and effort. There is no way to "get rich quick" in SL.

To get the things you "need," you don't necessarily need $L. You can find freebie stores, some of which have some very nice thing. There are places that give out group gifts, and some of those groups are free to join. You can also join freebie groups, where people will share where to find great freebies. Browse the marketplace for freebies, too, as there are tons there; but beware that many of those are demos, so you'll have to sort through them. You can also try Midnight Mania: These are boards that you go up to and touch, and if a certain number of people (the number should be written on the board, as well as how many more are needed at any given time) touch the board before midnight, all of them will recieve whatever prize is on the board. Also try Lucky Chairs: These are chairs with a letter on them, and the letter changes after a certain number of time or after someone wins the prize. If the first letter of your (user, not display) name is on the chair, you sit in it, and you get the prize. And finally, there are hunts - you search for an object hidden in various stores. For example, I recently did a hunt for whiskey bottles across about 50 stores, if I recall correctly. Teleport to the store, look for the object, and "buy" it for $0L. There is a prize inside each one. (Not all hunts are free, but many are.)

Houses are tricky. Easy enough to get a house, but much harder (or rather, more expensive) to get the land to put it on. To rez a house, you must have land. Land costs a certain amount per month. I won't get into all the details now, but suffice it to say that unless you get a fairly significant amount of $L each month, you won't be able to afford the land for a house without putting in RL money. (My own land costs about $30, or nearly $7,000L, every month. Doesn't sound like much in RL money, but it's quite a bit in SL, and can be hard to earn, though not impossible.)

The truth is, you don't need money in SL. You need money in RL for food, shelter, etc., but in SL you can get by just fine without those things. All you REALLY need is already included in the starter avi - a skin, shape, eyes, hairbase, and some clothes to keep you from being naked. You WANT money in SL to buy the nice things you see, but you might just have to break down and earn the money in RL, and put some of that into SL if you really want those things.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.