Why does the horizon / atmosphere flicker at high altitudes when shadows are enabled?

Ehrman Digfoot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4488 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Why does the horizon / atmosphere flicker at high altitudes when shadows are enabled?  When deferred rendering is enabled the horizon between the atmosphere and the grid base/ocean flicker.  It's been a problem for over a year now and I haven't seen anyone address it.

Update: response - I use the standard SL viewer 3.2.8.  I've also tried the Exodus viewer.  Even if I could find a way around it, though, with a TPV, as a merchant of high altitude structures, I still have a vested interest in seeing the problem fixed in the main viewer.

Update2: Thank you Rolig, I followed your advice.  The JIRA you pointed me to was different from what I was experiencing so I filed a new bug report with a complete video reproducing the problem: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-28437

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

I spend a fair amount of time at high altitude but never turn shadows on, so I haven't noticed this myself.  The proper way to deal with it, though, is to file a JIRA report.  Take a look first at https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SH-2841, which looks very similar to what you are talking about.  If it is, add your own comments .  If not, and if you can't find another JIRA that looks right, start one of your own.  Include pics and a copy of your system stats from Help >> About so that LL's developers know exactly what to look for. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4488 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.