Undeed land.

iCade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4482 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, I am the co-founder of a group, as such I cannot make the actual founder leave the group.

Problem is, I have two parcels deeded to said group and want to undeed them but I don't know how to do that? I was told to sell and re-buy the land but that has me very concerned that something might go wrong. Does it affect Tier Payments made for weeks in advance? Can anything go wrong?

Any assistance here or in game would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I do NOT have premium. I rent from a private estate rental place.

3 answers to this question

Follow the TWO STEPS instructions in the Knowledge Base and you will have not problems (see the original article for images -> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Group-owned-land/ta-p/700079#Section_.5.1 ):

Reclaiming group land

If you wish to reclaim land you have donated to a group, you must complete both of the following steps.  Remember that your land contribution to the group (in square meters, not parcels) counts against your total land usage, and does not automatically decrease if you reclaim a parcel of land from the group.  

Failure to remove group land contributions before reclaiming a parcel for your personal use can result in an increase in land tier fees if your total land usage in group contributions and owned parcels exceeds the next land tier.

Remove your existing land contribution 

Do this to avoid an unnecessary increase of land tier.

1. Go to Communicate > My Groups.
  2. Select the group the land is deeded to from the MY GROUPS tab of the People window.
  3. Click the Group Profile button.
  4. Select Land/Assets.
  5. Set Your contribution to "0" sq meters.
  6. Click Save.

your_contribution.png

Sell the land to yourself for L$1

sell_land.png

• Like 3

To protect yourself during the transaction of selling the land back to yourself, when you set it for sale, choose to set it for sale to a specific individual and choose yourself.  No one can then buy the land but you.

As the owner of the land, you will be responsible to pay the tier.  If you have been paying the tier on this land all along, it should not have any effect on the amount due or when its due.  If someone else was paying the tier it may.

If the land is on a private estate, this generally means  tier won't be due until any prepaid tier has expired,  but some estates require immediate payment.  Check the covenant for information about this or the estate owner if its not clear. 

If  it is mainland you of course will also need to be a premium member and taking ownership of the land may move you up one or more tier levels, depending on what other land you own.  For information on how the transfer would effect you check here.

Regarding your Edit addition:

The Wiki information about your tier contribution does not apply to private estate land.

The section on how to sell the land back to yourself DOES apply.

Read your Estate's covenant to see what it says, if anything, about how you may sell your land.  Typically, it will ask you to notify the estate manager of the proposed sale.  You should not lose any "time on the meter" in rent you have already paid, but again, check with the estate owner or manager.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4482 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.