Help! I've been a white cloud for almost two weeks!

Ekela Savira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I haven't had much time in world lately, but every time I log in, I'm just a white cloud. I'm on Viewer 2, just did the update, hoping that would solve it, and nothing...

I've only seen help for Phoenix viewer, and would really appreciate any advice on how to get back to normal!!

Thanks so much!!

The help for Phoenix viewer that you've seen (and someone else already helpfully posted) may have been written by the developers of the Phoenix viewer, but the advice there works for ALL viewers. The only difference is where you might find certain things. (For example, when it tells you how to manually clear your chache, it give you the names of the folders to look for, but those names are specific to Phoenix viewer. You can still manually clear your cache, and you still need to find those folders to do it, but they'll be named something different.) Go through the list on the page someone else linked you to, and see if anything helps. At least one thing on that list almost always does.

Avatar → Character Tests → Test Male/Female

Always works and is easy and fast, especially if you have your skin, tattoos, hair, AO and outfit all in one handy folder.

It will totally reset your avatar so make sure you always save your body whenever you have changed it.

Hello Ekela. There are 2 top causes for your problem:

1. You have corrupted files saved in your hard disk. If so, you will fix the issue if you delete them and download new files. To do that, delete all contests at the following folder: C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife (or under preferences --> advanced tab. After login back in a quiet sim like Smith, Exeuxoa or Anzere. Stay there under the water, open the second tab of your inventory (recent) and wait fetching all your items till the last one. When fetching finishes, try to change outfit choosing choosing one with just the necessary stuff (skin, shape, hair, eyes, pants and shirt) without any attachments. Wait some seconds and rebake your textures with Ctrl+Alt+R. Repeat same process if it is necessary. It will fix your issue.
  2. You have problem with your internet connection. If so, you will fix the problem if you fix your internet connection. You can test your internet speed at http://speedtest.net/ If it is too slow, reboot your modem / router leting it closed for at least 2-3 mins and try again. If you don't see there the speed you pay for, contact your ISP to check if there is a problem with your line. If you use wireless connection, simply avoid it (it is no recommended for SL) and prefer direct cable connection instead. Confirm that your router is protected with password. Finally you can experiment also with your maximum bandwidth until to find the best setting for your system (under preferences --> setup).

Suggestions reported in  http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=bake_fai​l always help for all viewers and of course you have to start with them, assuming that you have no corrupted files and there is no a connectivity problem. Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.