Suggestion from a Consumer for Mesh Clothing Designers

Jennifer Boyle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I love mesh clothing.  I often find something really nice, only to find when I try the demo that the alpha mask provided would have to be modified just a little to work for me.  Usually, I can't modify it because I don't have the texture, so I either forgo the item or create an alpha mask from scratch.  Since, usually, the adjustment needed is small, like making one edge of the transparent area extend just a little farther, it would be considerably easier to modify a texture than to create one.  An added bonus from having the texture is that more than one can be put on the same alpha layer, so that the alpha layer slots don't all get filled.

Designers, will you please consider including modifiable, copyable  alpha texture(s) with your mesh clothing?

• Like 2

One of the main reasons I do not buy mesh at this point in time is the newness, the requirement to change my shape to somthing some designer thinks it should be, and the cost.  I haven't been all that impressed with the mesh clothing that I have seen thus far. 

Because mesh is still in it's infancy, it may take some time for standards amongst clothing desginers to take shape to meet demands of consumers.  I think I will wait to see when/if they introduce a mesh fix for shapes before I spend my hard earned Lindens on mesh designed clothing.

I am glad you made this suggestion.  I hope that mesh clothing desginers listen.

• 2 weeks later...

I fully agree with your statement, Jennifer. Alpha clothing layers SHOULD ALWAYS be fully mod/copy in my opinion. This is especially the case where multiple alphas are required if you wish to wear more than one mesh item of clothing (this applies with sculptie clothing as well). The ability to actually combine several alpha masks together via Photoshop would be a huge help when creating customised outfits for one's self, and tweaking the alpha edges if necessary.

If the day comes that I actually decide to become a merchant with my mesh clothing (I only create things for myself for now), ALL my alpha clothing layers will be full perms - it will allow full customisation by customers.

:matte-motes-smile:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.