Problems (Usually) After Crashing

Isle Biedermann

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Can anyone please help me?

After I crash, and once, even after logging out and in again a while later, I find that I have no access to certain important avatar information.

I normally use Phoenix viewer, but that does not appear to be the problem, and I can justify that statement.  If I log back in using a different viewer, but the same avi, the problems persist, whereas, if I log in using an alt, but still with Phoenix, I have no problems at all.  Except that he only has five friends, no money, few clothes, and looks like a complete noob, whereas my principal avi has had a lot of time and effort put into him, and it shows.

Here are the problems I encounter:

1. My buddy list is full of blank spaces:

[IMG]http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z310/DavidBrown1964/SL%20problem%20stuff/Postcrashbuddies.jpg[/IMG]

Yes, those are my online friends, hence the little "head and shoulders" icon.  But if I want to IM someone, I have to open each profile until I find the right one.  Lower down the list are the offline ones, same as usual, but, again, they are blank.

2. I have no groups:

[IMG]http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z310/DavidBrown1964/SL%20problem%20stuff/Postcrashgroups.jpg[/IMG]

If you look in the bottom left corner of this image, you will see the tag for my active group, a group which my list says does not exist.

3. If I try to TP, I just crash again.  Well, OK, the SL scene goes monochrome and freezes, and a message appears in the middle of the screen, informing me that I have been logged out of SL.  I didn't get a screen shot of that.

4. My radar is empty:

[IMG]http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z310/DavidBrown1964/SL%20problem%20stuff/Postcrashradar.jpg[/IMG]

And there is my mini-map, clearly showing other avis nearby.

I think there must be something about my avi, possibly in the inventory, which is causing this problem.  Please can anyone suggest the cause of it, and how to solve it?

1) Phoenix uses the "bridge" it creates and attaches to your avatar for both online-friends functions and the radar. Try forcing Phoenix to rebuild the "bridge" (I'm not too familiar with it but there should be instructions on the Phoenix web site.)

2) Try doing a character test or otherwise completely changing your avatar temporarily.

3) If possible, try logging in your account on another machine. If it works that would suggest the problem is somewhere in the files on your computer.

Well...I think my question is stupid...but I am newbie and I am not sure how to fix it...SL crash few days ago..since then I see myself only like a cloud...and somone told me it is bcz of your internet..it's to slow...it sould be fixed soon dont worry...but today I made new avi just to see is it really my net in problem..and new one work just fine..so..can anybody tell me how to fix it? And can I fix it at all?

Welcome to Second Life Forums, Lelish.

As Suzy says, pressing "ctrl" "alt" "r" often works to "rebake" your character.

If this doesn't work, try dragging a bald base from your inventory over to your avatar.

This is a common problem, and it is called a bake fail.  There is a very full description of all the methods you can use to restore your avatar if and when this happens.  Start from the top and work your way through carefully, until you find the cure for you. 

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=bake_fail

(Although this was written for the users of the Phoenix viewer, it works for all viewers.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.