Symptoms of being muted

Suki Hirano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was wondering if there are any signs I can know if someone accidentally muted me. I've sent this shop owner notecard after notecard and IM after IM, he NEVER responds, even though he's online. There's no decline message for the notecards, but not accept messages either. He just completely ignores it. He's not afk, because a few minutes after sending him the notecards, he'll send a group announcement, which means he's here. Does this mean that he accidentally muted me (I say it's accidental because I'm a customer, there's no reason to mute me unless he likes muting random customers which is just stupid), or just being an ass?

If the notecards are not being declined, chances are you are not muted. It seems you're just being ignored. I could be wrong at that point, but it's possible.

Are you recieving your offline notices properly? It's possible that he's reading your messages and trying to respond later, when he has more time; but if you're offline when he tried to respond, maybe you're not getting what he's sending. There's a current JIRA about this - if you're not getting offlien notices and such then you may be caught in it. Try muting someone or something and seeing if it helps. (If you are recieving your offline notifications, this is probably not the issue, so you can ignore this part.)

ETA: A couple other tips: If you stand near him and he just appears to you as a cloud or a blob, he has muted you or you have muted him. I'm curious about you getting the notices, though; I'm not sure if you would or not if he had muted you.

• 7 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.