How do I enable media.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4076 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't see any heading like you show.  Am I in the wrong preferences place?  I have general, input and camera, network and folder, web, graphics, text chat, voice chat, communication,pop ups, skins, grids, and Pheonix.  I'm using Pheonix viewer.  Is there more the one preference places?   Are what viewer and you using?

I'm using Viewer 3.2 (not the newest release but the next one back........I always wait a while before opting for the newest of anything).  On Pheonix I'm not sure but check all tabs.........the lay out will be similar.  It should be on the same tab as you used to enable media.  If it's not there then when you want to hear music or see video there is an icon on the UI for the viewer to start media (or play.........it's been a long time since I've used a 1.23 based viewer and I no longer use TPV's.  It's there though.

There are a lot of Pheonix users here.......someone will chime in I'm sure.

Anyone else please read ,my last reply above.

It works on the Second Life viewer but that viewer is way to slow compared to my Pheonix.  About 12 times slower.  I need settings for Pheonix. 

To the last poster to reply I don't know anything about viewer 3.2 is that a different one altogether?

On the UI?  I am new what is that?

Viewer 3 is an Second Life official viewer.  A TPV is a third part viewer.........Pheonix is a TPV (one of the most popular).  A UI is the user interface....what the user sees and all the menus and functions are placed (the menus usually have slightly different names and the features and functions vary somewhat..........also they may have different names.  That makes if somewhat difficult to help someone when the helper is not familar with the UI (as I'm not in your case).  Pheonix is based on the old SL viewer 1.23 (which is no longer offered for download by Linden Lab)..........that's why I said I forgot where the things in a 1.23 based viewer are located).

Pheonix works for media and music.........that much I do know.  :)

you coudl try firestorm..they have a few options where you can choose a viewer interface of v3 or phoenix viewer..

i wouldn't have auto media on..there is just too much security risk with that..

just media is all you would need..

phoenix firestorm has the media filters ..so it's a little more secure in tht area than the official viewer..

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4076 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.