Help with Graphics Cards for SL

Flower Quartz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Please look at this link for the PC i was hoping to purchase.  I cannot wait for the answer.

I was looking at a new PC but then saw that the graphics card is an ATI Radeon, which according to Linden labs is not compatible with SL.  Has this changed and will it work with SL?  thanks for looking 

http://www.johnlewis.com/231395790/Product.aspx

4 answers to this question

I have an ATI Radeon, and it works fine. It depends on the full specs of the computer; we can give you better advice if you post the full specifications here. Please DO NOT create a new thread. Instead, go to the "Options" menu in the upper right hand corner of your question and choose "Edit," and add the information to your original question.

• Like 1

Hello Flower.  As i know (reading these forums) some residents reported that they can't see mesh with some Nvidia cards (very good cards) like GTX 460 and GTX 570 (and other). I don't know something for mesh and ATI cards. However if you search here in Forums or with google you will find threads where residents report issues with several graphics cards, ATI also. I have posted several times here that if it possible is good to try a tower with same specs visiting a store in real. Only this way you can be sure.

• Like 1

I can see mesh perfectly well with my Nvidia GTX460. If people are having problems with that, I would strongly suspect it's a problem with the way they have their viewer settings configured (I think with Phoenix, for example, you need to change some default settings sometimes to see mesh). But I'm sure it's not their card itself that's the problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.