Abandoned Land

Johan Laurasia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there a process to get LL to set a specific lot for sale.  I'm not looking to have the lot set for sale specifically to me, but it's an abandoned lot that I'd like to purchase, and LL seems to have all the other abandoned lots set for sale at a rate of $1L per sq meter.  I'm willing to pay that price, but how do I get the lot set for sale so I can purchase it (or have a shot at purchasing it).

Sorry I don't have an answer but posting so that I can see one when you get it. :)   Having recently sold and bought land and even abandon a small prim parcel, I know that currently abandon land works as follows:  For 24 hours, the abandon land is available to the person or group that abandon it for $0 linden.  At the end of 24 hours it is set for sale to anyone at $1 per sqm.  Land that was abandon before this new policy seems to just stay abandon until it moves to auction.  So if there is a way to kick it into a $1 sale, I would love to hear about it too!

--Cinn

If it is adjacent to your land then put in a service ticket and they should set it to sell to you, I've done this several times.  Otherwise put in a service ticket requesting it and they might set it for sell to you or they might put it up for auction to the public and you'll end up bidding against others.  But I've seen land with no real benefits, such as waterfront, go in auction with only a single bid at around 0.5L$/sq.m

Johan Laurasia wrote:

Is there a process to get LL to set a specific lot for sale.  I'm not looking to have the lot set for sale specifically to me, but it's an abandoned lot that I'd like to purchase, and LL seems to have all the other abandoned lots set for sale at a rate of $1L per sq meter.  I'm willing to pay that price, but how do I get the lot set for sale so I can purchase it (or have a shot at purchasing it).

You can put in a ticket to buy land, or even part of the abandoned land (you can try.) It should work just fine.

Older abandoned parcels did not always turn around for immediate sale.

Ditto the advice re filing a support ticket.  LL has a lot of unsold land, and a lot of older abandoned land that was abandoned before the new rules took place.  If LL thinks they can sell the land, they'll be glad to set it for sale.  With so much unsold land, LL is not sending Lindens inworld to set it all for sale manually.  I suppose they should automate for the older abandoned land also, but they have not.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.