IM ghosting still...i have done all the suggestions and posted before HELP!!

LishaJoya Haven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

OK IM still GHOSTING.....i was able to log in then i ghosted....I did all the suggestions and it worked the first 2 times.....now i cant...i even shut down my router AND Computer for 8 hours!! i cant even log in to restart my own region!!! GRRR..
http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/how-to-fix-when-u-are-ghosting/qaq-p/1352615
that is the post and the answers i got....
I have to pay my rent to my region soon...... GRRR
Here is what i have tried of the suggestionss....please fill me in

I have paid myself 1 L
I have turned on and off my router
I have tried to push my avi on my sin but i forgot to add her on the security alarm so it pushed my alt off the sim
I have tried to log into other regions (I need more of a list of those regions~ please)
I have cleared all my caches in both SL and in my computer
I have tried to send myself inventory
I have had a another friend send me 1 L 
I have had a friend try to send me inventory
I have sent myself and IM
I have had a friend send me an IM
I need HELP!!!

~Much love ♥~

Lisha

4 answers to this question

Hello again Lisha. We got full here with threads about the same issue. 4-5 residents reported it since yesterday. Maybe the old bug is back again. Give a try to submit a ticket under Account issues --> Second Life Web Login Issues. Report the problem there, be patient and wait for a reply. Alternatively you can open a jira --> +Create Issue (on the right). Usually there you get an official answer by the Lindens.

By the way we have currently issues in world (about 2 hours now) with Inventory Database Maintenance so maybe it affects you also. Please see: http://status.secondlifegrid.net/

YEAH i just went through this... contacted linden labs ( you can only do this if your a premium ) ( my understanding ) Anyway after 4 hours in limbo the live chat person freed me  immediately!   apparently it is an issue with the inventory cleaning today???

hope it helps!

i was told it is due to maintainence http://status.secondlifegrid.net/2012/01/26/post1550/

Check out I Can’t Login, which explains some of the problems and how to get around them. There are some fixes there that you don't list in your post.

As pointed out this was a problem some months ago that has now come back. When problems in SL return, the problem is usually the symptom. The actual cause is often something new. As users we see the same symptom and assume it is the same problem. Regardless of what the cause is, getting the system to realize you are logged off is the fix. Many of the fixes provided are targeted at waking the SL servers up, so hopefully they still work.

Let us know what works for you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.