Marketplace Maturity Change

Sedia Darkrose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Within the past week I noticed that the "maturity" settings in the marketplace have changed for one of my avaters. She is age verified and set to view anything in the viewer but it keeps saying "This item is rated (whatever), which exceeds your chosen maximum maturity level of General" in the marketplace when I try to look at something I can see just fine with an alt. I never got this message before and could veiw anything and everything just fine. I tried clearing the cache but that didn't help and I couldn't find any place to change any settings.

7 answers to this question

i have the same problem as this person, i am age verified in veiwer and able to see all in world all mature levels in world  , but not in sl market place .  On sl Marketplace i am not able to change from general to other content as it is greyed out and there is no link at the top for you to change your maturity ratings on the market place.  i looked.  So for an avatar of being in sl for over 10 years and told by your stupid market place i dont havge access for mature areas is stupid and just wrong so you need to fix that so that there is a link on the front or under account so that you can change  your matureity ratings, because under account i can find no area where you can change that for SL marketplace,

on my browser it is set for all levels of maturity but on sl marketplace its only "general" an other areas are greyed out and unchangable.  One level of access should transfer to the other you would think if there is no setting to change it on the market place, its a bug you need to fix it

when i cant veiw a gorean building.... as its set for mature content which

a is stupid as a building isnt sexual, a building is a building and  all buildings should be all general .

it highlights the sl market place search system which has always been  fiked up. and needs a total overhaul and have items reclassified accorting to type not the childish puritanical way of being sorted according to access rating which again is stupid, as all people in sl technically are over 18 and therefore registered as "adults. 

So dont post on whether you agree or disagree with my views, that they are being rude or not, fix the problem,

with all the billions, yes billions of dollars that has gone through sl, you would at least think that someone could at least think of a workable search database, who ever made the search by maturity "Content" decision should be shot and it goes against most rules of setting up a database.  it doesnt work effecfively for the items of a total community.

As sl is a community - ALL ITEMS should be classifed according to topic groups with their sub topic groups and all should be veiwable as all people using sl are ADULTS.  Sexual ADULT content should have some age related restrictioin if you want that.  but not buildings.

Good day to you... My nick in game Spshell My maturity GMA but why the market a few days ago reversed the my maturity on G. I tried to correct, but he is returning in G although I have in all places marked by GMA
Please help regards Spshell.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.