Is someone having problems with SL viewer?

Jhoseph Aljon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Well.. I really can't mind what is happening to this viewer..

Usually i use phoenix, but as i need to upload meshes and phoenix does not that right, i had to go to the SL viewer, updated it to the 3 one and ok. 

When i log, the viewer simply stop responding, sometimes it comes back, sometimes it simply closes.

When i am lucky i can stay around 10 minutes logged on this thing and it will just stop responding and go down again.

I have a good computer, good graphic card, good processor and stuff, so i really can't mind why it is happening. Already cleanned cache, detached all scripts on the avatar, uninstalled it and reinstalled but nothing really solves the problem, and I need to upload a lot of things i did that phoenix can't do right. So i'm asking if that already happenned to you guys, if some of you know something that I could do to get it solved.

Thanks in advance.

4 answers to this question

You didn't actually define what to you is "a good computer, graphics card  etc.". Viewer 3 is a mesh viewer and is WAY more resource hungry that Phoenix. Lots of Phoenix uses cannot use Viewer 3 (or FS with mesh). So it sounds to me like you computer just isn't strong enough. This has happened to LOTS of my friends. The fact that you are not alone isn't helpful. Luckily most folks don't need to upload mesh and so they can still use Phoenix -- for awhile anyway. Server side support for all viewer 1s will be going away soon. This from LL and the Firestorm devs.

Not sure there is an answer for you except maybe increasing those "good" hardware and bandwidth items to "excellent" :D.   Not everyone can afford to do that so we will be losing folks over the next six months I fear.

• Like 1

Well, I just found what was being my problem. I was always quite like using Phoenix and then going to SL viewer when i wanted to upload a mesh, so, phoenix wasn't closing properly (not sure if windows 7 bug or even phoenix bug) there was still the Presentation font cache opened, so i ended this process and opened SL viewer, it simple worked! Now i have it on ultra everything at the higher possible and it is still running smoothly YAY !! Thanks you guys for the help! :-)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.