I can't attach any object to my avatar, suddenly

SirWaclaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I'm using firestorm for long time, never had problem like this

Yesterday everything works fine today, not.

I can't attach ANY object to my avatar, only this texture things, like t-shirts, socks, skin etc.

I tried to attach by every way.

So the solution is somewhere else, and I'm sure this, and answer like "try double click on item in inventory" or "Make outfit, right click, wear - replace all" etc. etc. etc. You got a point, these will not help.

I see everyone doesn't have problems with avatars, so that are not SL developers causing the problem.

I tried google it, but nothing help me out.

Also, I think it's much serious problem, so if anyone have contact with SL authors, this would help me too ;) .

And if I don't solve it, there is no point to play SL :( .

3 answers to this question

Hello. Is your inventory fully loaded? Move to a quiet sim like Smith or Exeuxoa or better relog there. Stay there under the water, open your inventory type something in search there and wait fetching all your items till the last one. When fetching finishes, try to attach something to your avatar. See if that makes any difference. If the problem remains, clear your cache under Preferences --> Network & Cache and restart the viewer.

Go to Preferences-Firestorm-General, and see if the first item, Allow Remote Scripted Viewer Controls (RLVa) is checked. 

If it is, uncheck it, relog, and see if that makes a difference. 

If it does, you've somehow triggered an RLV restriction.   I can help you figure out how to remove it, but let's see if that's the problem, first.

SL's servers have been behaving oddly for the past several days.  Like you, I have had trouble with attachments (and other items) being slow to rez or detach.  I have also found that some items do not want to save to inventory easily, and that I cannot change the names of scripts or objects in object contents reliably.  I do have better luck on quiet sims like Pooley, and I have found that I can usually attach clothing items from inventory with WEAR better than with a double click. 

The bottom line is that it's not you.  It's SL.  All I can suggest is that you join me in waiting patiently.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.