SOPA and PIPA: What would happen to SL?

April Looming

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

To be perfectly honest, when I started SL, some 5 years ago, my views on IP was probably very similar to how most people view it. Since then, I don't wake up at 6 am to rush off and spent 10 hours in a factory only to come home and a few hours to learn something. Ever since I started working full time in SL, my time is my time, I'm just lucky that I prefer to make stuff during that time. The best part tho, is while I'm working, I get to watch, literally, thousands of interesting videos. After working full time in SL for a year, it was plainly obvious to me that the TV was simply a propaganda machine meant to shape my mind to their corporate slavery. I threw my TV in the trash. You'd really be surprised how much more time you have when you don't spend every spare minute watching TV, or waiting an hour watching the news only to get 5 minutes of relevant information.

Constantly, I hear people talk about how stupid the general public is. Personally, I don't think people are generally stupid. I think they are just like I was. They just don't have the time or energy to even want to learn anything after spending 10 hours/day making some1 else rich.

Rofl, I have no clue, but I would guess that because LL is in the states, it really doesn't matter where you or the infringer is. I very well could be wrong tho. You know, I did read that Canadian's can download as much free music as they want, they just can't distribute it. Don't quote me tho.

If you liked that stuff tho, 1 of my favorite people to watch on Youtube, is Stefbot. He does philosophy full time, strictly by donations. He has also turned me onto many awesome other people. This video is completely unrelated to IP, kind of.

• 2 weeks later...

Medhue Simoni wrote:

...  After working full time in SL for a year, it was plainly obvious to me that the TV was simply a propaganda machine meant to shape my mind to their corporate slavery. I threw my TV in the trash. You'd really be surprised how much more time you have when you don't spend every spare minute watching TV, or waiting an hour watching the news only to get 5 minutes of relevant information. ....

I didn't need to be in SL to realize that, I threw my TV away a long time ago :D

Reading different newspaper representing different point of view takes a lot more time that watching the 15 minute news in a TV, but unlike in TV you got a lot of background information, and it's you who chooses which article in which paper you read ;)

Said that reading newspaper takes longer than watching the news, I still have much more time left every day since I trashed my TV, and my spelling get's better as well (at least german which is my native language).

There where quite a few articles about SOPA, PIPA, ACTA in diferent newspapers, and given that fact that reading one article takes longer than the whole news in TV there are more facts and background info represented.

If ACTA comes true in Europe one of my companies homepages will be most likely shut down due to it's user content (and I don't talk about filesharing, it's rather information sharing).

Medhue Simoni wrote:

Constantly, I hear people talk about how stupid the general public is. Personally, I don't think people are generally stupid. I think they are just like I was. They just don't have the time or energy to even want to learn anything after spending 10 hours/day making some1 else rich.

Not wanting to learn something new is on of the most stupid things, therefore I tend to say that most people really are stupid, on the other hand it may well be that nobody ever told them that they can learn and should learn something new everyday, it's so much easier to manipulate uneducated people ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.