Swap land (Trade parcels) safely

Yipp Oh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there a safe way to swap, trade one plot of land for another parce?  Example: two landowners want to trade their repective parcels.  So far, all I can think of is that each sets the price of land for $L1 and and designates the other as the only possible buyer.  (naturally, there might also be a cash transfer between parties in cases of "I'll trade mine for yours plus $L1000")

But... one party could buy the other's land and then reset his/her land quickly back to not for sale.

Am I left with only trustworthiness?  

Another way would be to find someone that could be the intermediary.  A repultable land owner that has been around for a while -if either of you know one.  Both parcels are sold to the intermediary who in turn sells the parcels to the parties involved.

This would not of course work for mainland as the tier dates are important on how your tier is calculated.

As you say except for the price.
You should both agree on a reasonable price, the value on the land for 'everybody'.
This way one can trick the other by not selling after all, but at least the other one gets the price

If the deal is done like planned nothing is lost.
Only the one party has to invest the land price for a few minutes until it's land is sold.

Thank you Kylie, Rival and Dora for taking the time and for good ideas.  Dora's approach seems most simple and reasonable in that the worst that could happen is that one party could opt out at the last moment but would lose either a piece of land OR the value of a piece of land... but not both.

Thanks to all!

What you must watch out for is that not both of you are at your maximum tierlevel. When that is the case one of you both must agree to go to a higher tierlevel, before he is able to buy the land. Once you have bought the land, and sold the land you want to sell, you cannot put this tierlevel back. You will be stuck with double tier next month, before you can change it again. Even if you owned the parcel just 5 minutes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.