Merchant Group for In-world Marketing?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have recently opened a Marketplace store and have sold a few items already.  I cannot afford my home and an in-world shop and am struggling to find information about fairs/markets where I might rent a temporary stall.  Is there a Marketplace merchant community that maybe groups together to host in-world events? or perhaps a land-owner willing to host the event for a commission on sales?

Please let me know if I am missing something as I, and I am sure many others, would appreciate any help establishing our brands in-world without the expense of renting a permanent location.

Many thanks in advance for your replies :)

i wouldn't go to any old mall....you need a little shop....or space attached to a big garden centre.

They're nice items that you have created. I have a 2 Malls and i could give space on a Commission basis....but it's predominantly fashion, so I think it would be a waste of your time.

Like the others, my "home" is my shop. Look behind the screen in the shop next to the lionesses and you will see my living quarters.

You have a cute product line, but not nearly enough to support an entire shop in-world. It's a stall-sized collection. Consider dropping the shop for now and selling only in the marketplace while you work on more products.  After the marketplace can support you and you have several pages of products, then rent a parcel.

Your natural partner products would be people making plants, selling children's stuff (yours is teen girlish to me), and casual homes. Check their in-world shops to see if they are renting stalls or floor space. Many do. Also, if you see a shop that is a natural fit for your things, just ask them if they would like to trade display space for a few items. They get your furniture, you get their whatever-it-is at your shop.

Also, you are not linking from your Marketplace to your store in-world (if you have one). Set up a skybox at your home for now to display products and link to it from the marketplace ads.

Thank you so much for all your suggestions - and for encouraging me to continue with my designs!

Following this post, I have been offered a space for a couple of months for free! Amazing and very generous!! So I can see if being in-world helps with sales.

Now I just have to learn how to set up a shop, sell items, join a hunt group........and keep building!

Many thanks again.....wish me luck :)

Thank you so much for your offer! but I agree that i would not fit in with a fashion orientated area.  I will find my place eventually!

Thank you again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.